“very kind. and clean place”

Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
houston,tx
“very kind. and clean place”
Reviewed August 7, 2009

had a one last min stay needed a hotel. they came and picked me up at airport. offered to take me drive to get something to eat. room was large and very clean. gernerous customer serivce. area may have hotel hidden but. rest assure I sleep secure and peaceful last night. another big plus great breakast !!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank karinarhcp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 29, 2008

My husband, daughter and I had spent hours trying to find a vacant hotel room in San Francisco on a Saturday night in August. First, we went to the hotel where we had a reservation outside SF, and it smelled so strongly of cleaning fluids that we could not stay in it. In SF, the one hotel that said it had a room told the truth -- but it was the worst-smelling room we had ever been in, anywhere! (A combination of dust, mold, smelly lockeroom, and stinky bathroom odors.)
Finally, we called motels outside SF, and reached a lovely receptionist at about 12:15 a.m. at the Best Western. She gave wonderful directions, and we arrived fairly quickly. By then, we were not expecting much of anything. However, the room was clean and quiet, the beds comfortable, the time checking in minimal, the internet free on the computers in the lobby, and the breakfast the next morning was delicious. The only thing preventing this from having a higher rating was a smoking "ashtray" just outside the front entryway, which bothered my husband. However, he spoke to the owner, who agreed another place he could move it -- further from the front door -- might be better.
Give this place a chance -- reasonably priced, clean and the management eager to do all it can to make your visit a good one.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MA/NH
Reviewed August 1, 2007

Stayed here between flights from Oakland Airport. Taxi driver had to use a GPS to find the hotel. On arrival the check in was easy and room was clean and very large. Typical hotel decor although I noticed the desk was missing from the room.

There is no restaurant. I arrived and ended up eating a candy bar from vending machine for my 10:30 p.m.dinner. You could order take out pizza. The free breakfast had quite a few choices including a dutch waffle machine, sausage and eggs.

I booked this room for under $100.00 including tax via COSTCO. It would be a good choice for an overnight near the airport or to catch a ball game. I would not go out of my way to stay there, but found it quiet, clean and comfortable. I would return if I were doing another overnight between flights.

• Liked — close to airport
  • Disliked — no restaurant
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank losthat
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 26, 2005

The Best Western at Oakland Airport is hidden down a dark road with no sign, which is no small problem if you arrive late at night. Although the physical plant is quite nice for this price range, there seems to be some serious training issues with the service personnel. We had made our reservation for two rooms using Expedia. We prepaid and had a written confirmation. When we arrived, the desk clerk seemed to find the check in process rather challenging but we were given a room. When our son arrived at 1 a.m. with his written confirmation for his prepaid room, they had no rooms. Rather than tell him that and immediately place him somewhere else, they kept him there for THREE hours while they requested all kinds of information from Expedia. After awhile, the clerk phoned the Hotel Manager who told him to place my son at another hotel. However, he did not know how do that since he didn't know how to direct the Expedia payment somewhere else. To make a long story short, my son finally contacted Expedia himself and was placed in a room 1/2 hour away. He managed two hours sleep before going to his brother's wedding the next day. Since "things happen", our complaint is that the desk clerk lacked training. As soon as my son arrived and the problem became apparent, he should have placed him elsewhere immediately. We will now avoid all Best Westerns.

7 Thank sisu3
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed February 23, 2004

I stayed here for New Years Eve, and thought the room was very nice.
The motel seemed new. The bed was comfortable. The room was large and had a mini-refrigerator. It is on a side road away from the busy airport traffic, surrounded by industrial-type buildings. It didn't seem to be an unsafe area, and I preferred that it was off the busy road because there was no traffic noise. They have a shuttle service to the airport and the Oakland Collesium. I called for a shuttle in the early morning hours to take me back to the motel with no trouble. The breakfast was real food - they made egg muffin sandwiches that were very good.

17 Thank Ostara864