“Excellent”

Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel is clean, quiet and convenient and the service is out of this world. The staff did everything possible to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Milan in management is personable and completely engaged in everything that goes on at the hotel. He worked with me to find the availability we needed on short notice, and manage the safest possible parking for one vehicle we had full of very expensive equipment.

The rooms were larger than I expected and very comfortable; my whole group slept great. There was also a hot buffet-style breakfast downstairs that we took advantage of everyday! Nothing like biscuits and gravy to get your day started!!! Highly recommended, and the other hotels you'll see in this price range don't even approach the quality of this hotel. Thanks, guys!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Flying into the hotel for a quick overnight before I caught a flight out the next morning, I called the hotel as soon as I arrived. They told me the shuttle bus would be along in a few minutes. If I knew the van was going to be over 40 minutes to arrive, I would have taken my family back inside the airport, as it was quite cold out. I wasn't impressed with their service. Also, I've stayed at other Best Westerns, and assumed that a Best Western "plus" would be better than a regular best western, which was not the case here...

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
bwplusoaklandca, Webmaster at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m very sorry that the shuttle service and other issues did not fully meet your expectations. Shuttles do sometimes get stuck in traffic and have other unforeseeable issues, and I regret that there was no way to inform you that it was delayed in some way. We take pride in the quality of our facilities and are constantly improving. I think you will find us much better today than during your visit if you choose to stay with us again.

Thanks,
Hotel Manager.
San Jose, California
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Service was great, and the room was nice. I would also like to point out that they have free DINNER. I've never seen that before. The hotel itself is in a bad area of Oakland, but the staff keep the front and back door locked during the night. (Keycard required to get in)

Room Tip: Try to avoid the room right next to the pool/lobby.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank trevor4travel
CA Northcoast
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We found this hotel the perfect place to stay, leave our car and fly out of the Oakland Airport. Although the actual hotel is down an industrial street, the parking lot felt very safe to leave our car in for week while we went to Hawaii. The rooms are very nice, beds are comfy and we didn't hear much noise even though we were close to the airport. Shuttle driver is very nice and since you are only a few minutes from the airport, you don't have to leave too early to catch your plane. Breakfast room was nice too and very clean. Also has an indoor pool but we didn't have time to use it.

Room Tip: We got a bottom floor room since we had so much luggage.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Petriepig
San Fernando, California
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I do a lot of traveling within California I stay at the Best Western for it is close to where I have an office. When I first started coming to this place the "Full Breakfast" they called it was BAD it was always cold or the eggs turned green due to the time they got it ready. NOW they have improved that they have someone in the kitchen who knows what SHE is doing the presentation the ungreen eggs and the attention to small detail has improved and it shows. Also the rooms have always been clean and prepared excellent. They have also started a evening meal on Tuesday and Wednesday, The staff has always been on top of everything that I have requested. I now give them from a 5 what used to be my number to a 9 (10 being the top number, who ever gives a hotel a 10 is fooling themselves) GREAT IMPROVEMENT over the last couple of months.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Travelershep
slc
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have never had such a horrible experience in my life. We arrived to get our room only to be told that the reservation was for the night before. I said that was impossible and asked if they had rooms. They said yes but refused to waive the no show fee for the night before. We asked to speak to the manager. Denied. Asked to speak to the owner, Denied. Then he called Jared at Best Western. If it was possible, he was even worse than the man at the desk. Do your self a favor. Stay at the Marriott or the Hilton.

PS. There was no parking when we arrived. Cars were parked everywhere. It is a horrible part of town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank megaverett
Dear Guest,

I take personal responsibility for any issues you encountered during your unpleasant stay with us. Our goal is to offer the best service, great amenities and clean, comfortable rooms. We apparently failed you, and I apologize. We have replace and retrained much of the staff since your stay and made other positive changes. You’ll find a much different experience at our property now -- plus a great price you simply can’t find anywhere else. I hope you’ll try as again next time you’re in town.

Hotel Manager.