“No customer service.”

Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
slc
“No customer service.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have never had such a horrible experience in my life. We arrived to get our room only to be told that the reservation was for the night before. I said that was impossible and asked if they had rooms. They said yes but refused to waive the no show fee for the night before. We asked to speak to the manager. Denied. Asked to speak to the owner, Denied. Then he called Jared at Best Western. If it was possible, he was even worse than the man at the desk. Do your self a favor. Stay at the Marriott or the Hilton.

PS. There was no parking when we arrived. Cars were parked everywhere. It is a horrible part of town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank megaverett
bwplusoaklandca, Webmaster at Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

I take personal responsibility for any issues you encountered during your unpleasant stay with us. Our goal is to offer the best service, great amenities and clean, comfortable rooms. We apparently failed you, and I apologize. We have replace and retrained much of the staff since your stay and made other positive changes. You’ll find a much different experience at our property now -- plus a great price you simply can’t find anywhere else. I hope you’ll try as again next time you’re in town.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Minden, Nevada
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had an overnight layover in Oakland. The room was spacious and clean. The friendly shuttle driver took us to and from the BART station so we could spend some time in SF. The night we we there they had a catered complimentary Chinese Buffett which was a nice treat since the hotel is located in an industrial area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ray R
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The hotel is in bad area, there is nothing to do and the population is not so good. There is a Walmart near by with couple of fast food restaurants and that's all. It takes nearly half an hour driving to get to San Francisco.

There is a pool and a jackuzzi in the hotel, but they weren't working when I arrived the hotel, the pool fixed the next day, but jackuzzi took 3 days to fix and it was working with cold water.

The fitness room is quite small with old equipment, some of them event not working.

The room was big with a king size bed, but all the other furnitures was old. The TV was an old one with bad channel choises, so there is nothing to see on the TV (even can't connect my laptop to it). The air vantilator in the bathroom was noisy and when I complained about it, I have been told that it is same in every room and there is no option to turn it off (generally it should work once you turn on the switch in the bathroom, but here this is not the case). There was a coffee maker in the room with microwave, but there wasn't a kettle, so I needed to use the microwave to heat the water (there was a strong cheese smell in microwave).

The breakfast was complimentary, there were 3 types cereals, 2 type bread, one type cheese, one type jam, butter, waffle machine, scrambled eggs and sausages, bananas and apples, coffee and tea. So if you like to have a proper breakfast, you need to have it out side.

The hotel is ok if you consider the price, but I am sure there are other hotels better than this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which you can turn off the air ventilation in the bathroom.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Herosemi
NYC
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed for two nights in late October and was very happy to have chosen this hotel. Inexpensive rate yet excellent service. As others have said - the shuttle is huge in making this such a good place to stay. Took it from airport/to BART multiple times/to Raider game/car rental counter and was not disappointed. While there is no restaurant/bar on site, the driver was nice enough to take us to the Marriott (a ride for which he declined a tip) and pick us up again later (I insisted this time).

Rooms were quite roomy and comfortable. Pool/hot tub small but serviceable. Breakfast wasn't fancy but more than just toast and coffee.

As for the neighborhood - I guess it's all what you're used to. While heading in one direction looked dicey and I wouldn't suggest walking it alone at 2am - had no problem walking to main drag for coffee in the morning. There's also a small shopping mall less than a 10 minute walk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western Airport. It was one of my better stays at a hotel in my many years of traveling. The staff is great. They were very helpful from the very beginning starting with my check-in. I believe the young mans name was Timmy. He was very informed on the dining in the area. The complimentary shuttle service was extremely convenient. They took us everywhere we needed to go for our entire stay, from dining, to the Raiders game, and finally back to the airport.

The rooms were very clean, and with free WIFI. The beds were really comfortable, even more so then the one I have in my bedroom. I also enjoyed the continental breakfast and the Taco Tuesday and the Chinese food they served on Wednesday free of charge. It was great food, and and we had an excellent time meeting other guests in the hotel along with some of the staff.

The fitness room and the indoor pool/Jacuzzi was a definite plus. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in the Oakland area for a day or even a week or more. 5 Stars from me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business