“Unbelievable value!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Texas City, Texas
“Unbelievable value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I could not believe the deal through SW Airlines that we got on this hotel! We were promptly picked-up at the airport, brought to the hotel by a friendly driver, checked in by a friendly front desk person then promptly taken to the Oakland A's game we came to see. Was picked up at the Colisseum after the game brought back to the hotel and had a free chinese meal that was brought in. The next day we dropped off at BART to head to San Francisco. The room was a nice suite. The only down side was the area but never felt afraid because we were escorted were we needed to go. We were on an eight day trip and this is the BEST VALUE we have ever had on a trip!

Room Tip: Lower level suite facing the street-quiet with no noises.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Red Bluff, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband and I used this hotel for a second time to do park and fly. Very conveniently located to the airport in Oakland. Shuttle leaves every half an hour. Staff was very nice and helpful. Room was large with a sitting area, frig, coffee pot. Very clean. Comfy bed. My only regret was we had to leave very early in the morning. We did not get to have the breakfast since we had to leave too early. Breakfast area was very nice and large though. Upon arriving back in Oakland, the shuttle comes every half an hour to pick up and drop off. No problem getting back at all. Worked out great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Kevin and Staff was very accomodating. From shuttle to check-in to check-out and shuttle again. Laundry machines were a welcome sight-BRING QUARTERS. They also stored my luggage for 3 days while I took a flight out to Vegas and back. The neighborhood is not the best but the shuttle is more than happy to take you anywhere you want within a 2-mile radius. The BART terminal, Walmart, In & Out Burger, Oakland Stadium, and the Oakland Airport are within boundries. Hands down as one of the best hotels if you are looking for something close to the airport or stadium. It is a no frill, simple hotel--exactly what we needed for a layover. Ww checked out to early to take advantage of the free breakfast in the quaint lobby. The pool was inviting but the kids were to exausted from our Italy flight.

Room Tip: Stay near the laundry room if you are doing a lot of washing. We had 3 suit cases of dirty clothes...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I am writng to thank Best Western and especially Milan ayt the front desk for making my travel arrangements to stay at their hotel with my family so painless. Milan was very courteous and went out of his way to give us the very best customer service I have ever had from a front desk clerk. The rooms are very clean and tastefully furnished and the added ammenities like internet access and 24-hour coffee sealed the deal. I will recommend this hotel to anyone who has reason to go to Oakland!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Based on the pictures and some of the reviews, we were hoping to have found a Best Western that was a little better than all the rest. It was just another best western. Beds were ok. The room was ok. The area was not that inviting, but several other hotels were located nearby. The proximity to the airport and the freeway were good. The breakfast did exceed expectations. It was nice to have scrambled eggs and sausage in addition to the regular breakfast options. If we have to stay close to OAK again, I will search for other options before booking this again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bbradshaw_26
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Reasonably priced place to stay if you are visiting San Francisco. We stayed there for two nights.

On my way from San Diego to Oakland, GPS took me through a bad neighbourhood to the hotel, which scared me a bit esp safety of the rental car. But my stay at this place went without any incidents.

We had issues with out check in as I purchased this hotel room through a www.getaroom.com, which was a horrible mistake, but the front desk staff was very accommodative that they honored that site's rate. I really liked the way they handled the situation,even though Best Western charged us for the stay. I would say, they did what they had to do. Still waiting to get this issue resolved.

Bedroom & bathroom was OK, I would say that I've stayed in better Best Western rooms but no complaints though.

Parking is a bit tight but was able to find a parking spot.

Only issue I had, which was not that big, was that the hotel was located at a place where it's hard to find family friendly place to eat. So better get dinner before you head out to this hotel location

Breakfast was the similar to all other Best Western Hotels I stayed and it was good. They kept on refilling.

Check out was easy and we were able to check out in 5 mins.I would like to thank Milan & Kevin, who were at front desk for helping us out with our stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed for one night after flying into the San Francisco Airport. We drove from the airport and it was about a 30-45 minute drive. The hotel has a nice appearance, however the neighborhood is not the best. It is in a very industrial area, and there are not many other hotels or places to eat around. The rooms are pretty big, and they are slightly updated. The breakfast was very good, with many options including waffles, eggs, sausage, and pastries. It was a good one night stay. If you are planning on staying long term, I would stay in a more central location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family