“If You Are Going to Alameda, Stay Here!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Scotts Valley, CA
“If You Are Going to Alameda, Stay Here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

My wife and I spent an overnight at this hotel in August on a road trip to Alameda, CA. Our checkin was quick and efficient. Complimentary water and protein bar was an immediate nice touch. Our king bed room was clean. Having asked for a first floor room, we got a second floor room right next to the elevator. Hence the room was smaller than we have enjoyed in other Best Western Plus hotels. But still it was remarkably quiet. The bathroom was all-in-one and clean. We think it's always nicer when one component is separated from the rest, like the vanity or commode. The refrigerator kept food nice and cold. It had a freezing section that we appreciate to keep the cooling elements of our cold chest renewed for the next day. The indoor swimming pool was very warm and delightful, while the hot tub was a little too warm for our liking. Our bed was very comfortable. The air conditioner was not too noisy or distracting. Breakfast was a delight. Scrambled eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy always are a marker for us as a property being a cut above. Waffles, breads, muffins, cereal, fruit and choice of four juices made it a well rounded affair. The coffee was good too. An attendant was specifically stationed to keep a watchful eye for replenishment and to help kids master the waffle iron. Checkout was quick and efficient. Overall, for a room rate under $100, our stay was an excellent value.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank TW3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boise, ID
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel about twenty times now. I keep going back because they offer everything I need as a business traveler. They are a nice hotel with a great price. They offer a nice breakfast, free internet, free airport parking and free transportation to airport, car rental center, BART station or wherever you want to go within a short distance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank BoiseTraveler11
Ridgefield, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed here for a week in June and it was one of the nicer hotel we have been in. The staff were very friendly. The rooms are clean and the pool and hot tub are a great way to finish a long day of sightseeing. The breakfast was good and the free internet was very helpful. A major reason we stayed here was that the parking was free. All the hotels in San francisco charged for parking. I would definatly stay here again if we were ever in Oakland.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank kidogo84
Bestwestern05603, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
We want to Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Oakland airport for your lodging accomodations. I'm happy to hear that you had an excellent stay with us. Your response is greatly appreciated, and we will look forward to seing you again soon.
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

My husband, 2 year old son, and I stayed here one night since we were arriving late at the Oakland airport and driving the next day to Sonoma. I found it on Hotels.com and was a little wary because of excellent rate ($80 with AAA discount) and my impressions of Best Western (based on experience from decades ago). Wow, were we completely surprised and totally happy! Quite honestly, it's one of the best hotels we've stayed in in ages, and we've been doing a lot of nice, very expensive hotels for business trips lately. The room was HUGE. King size bed somewhat sectioned off from the sofa, desk, chairs, and coffee table. Refrigerator and coffee pot in room, free wireless, perfect bathroom. Bed and pillows were really comfortable, linens fresh and decor welcoming. The front desk staff were so friendly and efficient. We loved the indoor pool, work-out room, and the delicious FREE continental breakfast. Hotel website directions were great, arrived no problem. (Note that all the roads near the airport are named "Hegenberger Something" - Court, Loop, etc and the signs are so small it's hard to read them! They just have Ct, Lp, Rd in VERY small letters.) There is no restaurant in the hotel, FYI. My husband made me promise to write a review because we were both so happy!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Waverley1727
houston,tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

had a one last min stay needed a hotel. they came and picked me up at airport. offered to take me drive to get something to eat. room was large and very clean. gernerous customer serivce. area may have hotel hidden but. rest assure I sleep secure and peaceful last night. another big plus great breakast !!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank karinarhcp
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

My husband, daughter and I had spent hours trying to find a vacant hotel room in San Francisco on a Saturday night in August. First, we went to the hotel where we had a reservation outside SF, and it smelled so strongly of cleaning fluids that we could not stay in it. In SF, the one hotel that said it had a room told the truth -- but it was the worst-smelling room we had ever been in, anywhere! (A combination of dust, mold, smelly lockeroom, and stinky bathroom odors.)
Finally, we called motels outside SF, and reached a lovely receptionist at about 12:15 a.m. at the Best Western. She gave wonderful directions, and we arrived fairly quickly. By then, we were not expecting much of anything. However, the room was clean and quiet, the beds comfortable, the time checking in minimal, the internet free on the computers in the lobby, and the breakfast the next morning was delicious. The only thing preventing this from having a higher rating was a smoking "ashtray" just outside the front entryway, which bothered my husband. However, he spoke to the owner, who agreed another place he could move it -- further from the front door -- might be better.
Give this place a chance -- reasonably priced, clean and the management eager to do all it can to make your visit a good one.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
MA/NH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2007

Stayed here between flights from Oakland Airport. Taxi driver had to use a GPS to find the hotel. On arrival the check in was easy and room was clean and very large. Typical hotel decor although I noticed the desk was missing from the room.

There is no restaurant. I arrived and ended up eating a candy bar from vending machine for my 10:30 p.m.dinner. You could order take out pizza. The free breakfast had quite a few choices including a dutch waffle machine, sausage and eggs.

I booked this room for under $100.00 including tax via COSTCO. It would be a good choice for an overnight near the airport or to catch a ball game. I would not go out of my way to stay there, but found it quiet, clean and comfortable. I would return if I were doing another overnight between flights.

• Liked — close to airport
  • Disliked — no restaurant
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo