“Good comfort food”

Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe
Ranked #33 of 1,293 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is right next to the Fox Theater in Oakland! I guess it opened recently? The food was quite good - got pics if you want 'em!
Reviewed January 16, 2014

For some comfort food on a cold day, Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe makes the grade. We were looking for a place to eat Downtown near the Fox so we were hungry and ready to eat and ordered the Turkey Burger with Salad, Taco Salad, Macaroni and Cheese and Buffalo chicken salad. All fit the hunger bill except for the Buffalo chicken salad as it was way too spicy and dry for my companion to enjoy.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Best milkshakes ever! This place is awesome and very rock'n'roll!
The burgers are huges and delicious. And I suggest to try ther desserts, yum!!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I went to a conference in Oakland and wanted to try one of Guy Fieri's picks. The service was fast and the food was really good. I got a breakfast burrito that was really delicious and it only cost $5. I also had 1/2 a slice of French toast that was perfectly prepared. I want to go back again before I leave Oakland.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Sit at the bar,sit a table-fast service either way. Food comes out hot and in generous sized portions. Menu has something for every one..specials of the day are great. Try the Shakin' Jesse- it could be a meal in itself.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I ate breakfast here 2 mornings during our 2 week stay in Oakland. The café was reviewed by Guy Fieri on "Diners, Drive-in's and Dive's" so we were curious. Guy actually reviewed their 1st location in Emeryville - this is their second location and in a great spot - right next door to the Fox Theater in Oakland. The restaurant is casual in nature, so don't worry about whether jeans are acceptable in the restaurant. The breakfast menu is awesome, and the buttermilk pancakes are probably the best I've ever had in a restaurant - the short stack was plenty for me and the full stack was a handful for my husband. We also ordered a mimosa and bloody mary for breakfast the first morning there and finally someone gives you a mimosa with more champagne than OJ! The wait staff are great - very attentive, but not overbearing and you can tell everyone enjoys working there. They have dinner specials weekly so we decided to go back on Thursday night for their "Combat Mac n' Cheese" and we were not disappointed. Made with 6 types of cheeses, topped with bread crumbs and chives, and you can also get with chicken or tuna if you like (which we did - me with chicken; my husband with tuna). We topped the meal off with a local brew - Lindenstreet Dark Oak Lager - made right in Oakland - a microbrew. If you are looking for a great meal, served by a friendly staff for a reasonable price, then Rudy Can't Fail Café is for you. You could also feel comfortable bringing your kids here too!

We will definitely return here if we are ever in Oakland again!