“Macaroni and cheese wonderfulness”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Homeroom

Homeroom
Ranked #9 of 1,257 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Today, our incredible team serves up over 5,000 macs each week; we’ve got thirteen different varieties of mac available on any given day, as well as local beer and wine pairings, and homemade desserts like oreos and peanut butter pie. We now have Homeroom To Go open down the block from the restaurant. Come by and you'll find a selection of local craft beer and well-priced wines, funky artisan hot sauces, signed copies of our mac+cheese cookbook, and other fun things to take home! You can even place your order online or through our mobile app, and we'll have you in and out quick. All of our employees earn a thrivable wage, and receive awesome benefits like health care and paths for success within the company.
Oakland, California
“Macaroni and cheese wonderfulness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

So many types of macaroni and cheese to choose from (even a vegan version) that if you like macaroni and cheese, you'll be very happy here. Staff are friendly. Food is fresh and good and there's a nice selection of local beers.

Visited October 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Mac and Cheese - warm service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Combined business with pleasure to take my treasured niece out to dinner. She's a student at Berkeley and she picked here. Inside I was like "really, I can take you out for steak......." but went along with her pick. We had such a lovely dinner at this quaint place. I opted for the White Cheddar mac and she enjoyed the one with the goat cheese. The goat cheese was the winner with the toasty bread crumbs on top but mine was delicious as well. I enjoyed seeing all of the diverse diners from families to couples to students. Great vibe, food and service.

• Visited January 2013
Concord, California
“Wonderful neighborhood restaurant with single focus, but a great focus”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Homeroom truely is a neighborhood restaurant. It is situated in a mostly residential neighborhood, and serves the neighborhood well, as evidenced by the families with young kids, and the repeat visitors familiar to the staff and who are obviously fron the neighborhood. The menu is very simple, mainly containing only one kind of entree, Mac N Cheese. However, there is a great variety of Mac and Cheese, including smoky bacon, Vermont cheddar, Ivy Leaguer with real truffles, Mexican Mac, Sriracha Mac (spicy sriracha, scallions, ginger butter, and creamy Havaratai) and a number of others. There are also add-ins, such as butternut squash. Yummy deserts included banana creme pie, creamy peanut butter pie, and large home-made oreos. Beer and wine are available. Service was really great and very attentive and helpful. Prices are very reasonable - definitely not expensive for the Bay Area. Most Mac N Cheese entrees range from $8 to $10. If you go for dinner, I recommend going early. Reservations are not taken, and despite the fact that this restaurant serves mainly the neighborhood and has a single-focus menu, it is very popular and it is small with limited capacity. At 5 pm there was no one there, but an hour later it was crowded with a lot of people waiting at the door to get in. The only drawback is there is not much space for folks to wait. We will return soon.

• Visited January 2013
Fremont, California
“Oustanding mac n cheese, many vegetarian options, vegan too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Casual nice place in Oakland serving mainly macaroni and cheese. They have various varieties. The spicy mac & sriracha macs are good & spicy. The garlic mac is also good - add breadcrumbs to that. In the past, have had Vermont White Cheddar which was very good - not an overwhelming cheese flavor but cheesy, Gilroy Mac which was also good with the garlic was not too strong, & Jalapeno Popper Mac which was off the menu, but very good, not truly spicy but has a slight tinge that is just right. The IVY leaguer, Spring Mac & Popper Mac were also very good. They rotate their options. We also had their side of minty peas which was nice. The grilled cheese with jalapeno jam was good, but sweet so you may or may not like it. The peanut butter pie is unique & good. We also liked their brownies. They have their homemade drinks like limeade, key lime pie, & rootbeer. The service is good. Lunch is a good time to go, but in the evening, the space gets tight, it is lively & louder.

• Visited December 2012
LIVERMORE
“Amazing people and good food - a winning combo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

My sister and I took our severely disabled (Parkinson's) father to this restaurant, as he adores macaroni and cheese, and that's their main dish. We parked right in front of the restaurant. While my sister was engaged in getting him out of the car, I was trying to asssemble his wheelchair, but having problems. All of a sudden there were three young people surrounding me and all helping to put the chair together. Another was helping my sister support my father while we worked. All of them were employees of the restaurant. Once we got the chair assembled and got my father inside the restaurant, we found they had already prepared a table for us. We then ordered a delicious meal. My dad had the classic mac and cheese with toasted breadcrumbs, I ordered the exchange student, and my sister ordered the goatcheese offering. All were excellent, but I turned out to prefer the goatcheese to what I ordered. I'm definitely getting that one next time. I also ordered the limeaide, yum! After our meal the waitress asked if we wanted anything else. When we said no, she said someone had spoken to the manager about us while we were eating and paid for our lunch. Completely anonymously. Amazing. Then the staff helped us out of the restaurant just like they helped us in. It was the best restaurant experience I have ever had. Everyone there was so nice and caring. Truly refreshing!

• Visited November 2012