“Conveniently located”

Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville
Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The location is extremely convenient as it is situated right next to a a Best Buy and across the street from a Target. Lots of restaurant and fast food places within walking distance.

The double room was roomy and clean enough.

Front desk service was courteous.

Kitchen was clean and functioned well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JCLi
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location, service and cleanliness of our hotel.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was very skeptical about staying alone In Oakland, but staff here made me feel right at home. Property is well lit, clean, and I noticed staff payed attention when I exited the building in the dark and that made me feel safe. I was there for 6 weeks, staff was smiling and extra friendly every single day. Great job Aaron! This has been my best hotel experience ever.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for allowing us to provide you with your best hotel stay ever! I love hearing that our team was able to accommodate and provide a memorable experience to guests like yourself.

Thank you again for posting your review! I am so glad that we were able to make you feel at home. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I got back last night from a two night stay at this hotel. Let me say that this was our first time ever staying at this hotel chain so I was not aware of their policy of no housekeeping. We had a room on the second floor with a king size bed and we could see the freeway from our window. The room was very clean with a small kitchen. I did not care for the bed but my husband thought it was comfortable. The first night (Friday) the place was very noisy. We woke up to noise coming from the outside of the hotel and then the inside as well including people banging on our door and the walls. In the morning, we mentioned it to the clerk (Jerry) at the front desk and he said there was a party and they had called security but security could not get there until 2am. Jerry was not sympathetic or apologetic at all. We got the impression he did not care.
The second day (Sat) we came back to our room around 4:30pm after a long day in San Francisco to find out our room was exactly the way we had left it. Like I said, I was not aware that their policy is "no housekeeping services". I went downstairs to ask and that's when I was told they only clean the room once every eight days but they would gladly give me towels if requested. This hotel does not have a hair dryer in the room and no business center either. I also think their non-smoking policies are very lax since I smelled cigarette in the hallway and I saw a man with a cigarette in the hallway. They have free Wi-Fi but I much rather have a business center in which to check my flights and print my boarding pass. The "grab-and-go" breakfast consist of a small counter with coffee, oatmeal packets, prepackaged muffins, granola bars and some fresh fruits. When we checked out on Sunday morning we were asked if we enjoyed our stay. Again we said the first night was noisy and again the clerk (Jerry) never showed any sympathy and did not seem to care.
We were very disappointed with our stay here and will probably not stay at this hotel chain again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The situation you described regarding our service is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with all associates to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at arahimi@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Never stayed in an Extended Stay America hotel before, but I must say it was wonderful to have the little kitchen, and the laundry, which I used. Everything is clean and in working order. Location is near the freeway, but this also is very convenient for accessing Oakland, Emeryville stores, Berkeley, and back over to San Francisco if want to go there.
Be aware: The most amazing staff in the world works here! They are respectful, kind, and helpful to everyone. A most delightful surprise, this place! thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stay here for 31 days and was impressed by the customer-oriented charcater of the management staff and front desk. They were accomodating, courteous and helpful. Kudos to Aaron and Christie. The only hesitation is that the location put me very close to the freeway and the noise was a bit annoying, but you cannot relocate the hotel:-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Never stayed at any extended stay hotels and wasn't sure of what to expect. Surprised to say the least. Extremely friendly and courteous staff (they always have a smile, ask if there's anything you need) room fits my needs, only thing missing is my family. Can't beat the price compared to other hotels. Lots of stores and restaurants pretty close by (even a movie complex). Just across the Bay Bridge to SF, don't even need a car, all sorts of public transportation and in Emeryville, some of it's free.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Most people think that because our name is EXTENDED STAY you cannot stay for just a couple nights. I'm glad you've proved them wrong! Many of our nightly guests are surprised at how conveniently located we are to the shops and public transportation. It makes a weekend getaway just as easy as week or more. I will pass on your KUDOS to the staff; they LOVE getting shout outs by guests on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you soon at your next Extended Stay visit.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We came to the Bay area to help our son and his family with a job relocation. We stayed here in Emeryville so they would be close to San Francisco for work and apartment hunting.The location worked very well as there are all the stores needed for shopping for a new home, new baby, and new job 5 minutes. The Bart station is also 5 minutes away witha 10 minute trip to downtown San Francisco.

The staff at the hotel was helpful and courteous and made the stay very comfortable. We were 4 adults and a baby in 2 rooms ,who lived very comfortably for 2 weeks cooking and living a regular life during a period of transition.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. This is a great location for a self sufficient traveler that wants the conveniences of San Francisco without the prices. Target, Starbucks, Best Buy, Home Depot, AMC Movie Theaters, IKEA...it's all so close!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
Inn at Temescal
Inn at Temescal
#11 of 49 in Oakland
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville

Been to Extended Stay America - Oakland - Emeryville? Share your experiences!