“Good Stay”

Ranked #25 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Seattle, Washington
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here in early December. the hotel is clean and really good deal. We stayed in a regular queen room. room was clean and well maintain. They offer a continental breakfast, which was enough for the start of the day. Staff was helpful and friendly. Next rime am in Oakland we will stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zoe R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Forestville, Maryland, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My company made RSVP @ this hotel. I had to cancel because I made other plans. They still charged it but took the time to professionally explain to me how the mistake happened and sent me a confirmation of the credit. Thanks Thomas.

HOWEVER, while I was there inquiring about why my card was charged although i cancelled. I noticed that they promote a taxi service PRO CAB COMPANY.

The fast talking driver Ali is a total rip off. Charged me $43 from the airport instead if $25 - $30 (and was looking for a tip) and wanted to charge me $15 for an $8 cab drive from the hotel to my location of biz.

I know he has biz cards at the hotel because it's taped by the front desk but use him only if you want to be ripped off.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank spachick
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Absolutely awful. Was here on business and the Marriott was booked. This place was sketchy. There was blood on my comforter, you could feel every spring in the mattress, and it was odd that there were no sinks in the bathroom-there was one next to my bed.
There is no on-site gym, as they advertise. I was told at check-in they have an arrangement with a local gym and there would be no charge. In the end, I was charged for gym and parking, though I didn't even have a car.
The breakfast is minimal. One morning I went down at 6:15 and there was no coffee. The manager, also the only one there, was one the phone and said he'd help me later. THIRTY MINUTES LATER he brings out coffee and it is ice cold. Then he tried to go reheat it.
My advice to anyone would be to just stay somewhere else. There are plenty of other hotels nearby that I am sure offer better service and amenities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank subie d

Travelers are raving about these Oakland hotels

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was on a short list of accommodations for a wedding weekend- I found I was the only one of the 50 out-of-towners who stayed here..first a list:
PROS:
-location
-parking, they worked an arrangement with the Oakland Civic Center for parking. This worked out fine
-quaint, I prefer funky non-chain facilities
-decor. Lobby was great. Lacking in rooms

CONS:
-room conditions, upon check in I noted that the light in the windowless bathroom was out- the only light source was the heated lamp. It was never repaired. Upon checkout on Sunday I brought it up again, hoping that I could get some small compensation on the bill to make up for the fact that the bath area got Hella hot & I had to leave the room cooler to dry up the sweat from my shower. It fell on deaf ears. Also my room ( #402) had a severe problem of regulating the water temperature from bath to shower. I actually saw it on a website as a comment previously but I guess it's nothing that's been addressed.
-breakfast. Pathetic coffee was palatable but the only non-sugar option was Sweet& Low...next time I'll have to travel with Splenda or Equal. NO FRESH FRUIT. No fresh cream.Stale bakery items ( I assume from the Smart & Final conveniently located next door)
-room entertainment. Ok folks here's where it's the best. The TV was an old TV from the 90's and, get this, a VHS player!!! Save up your old videos and you can watch them here in your next visit....

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Fairfield County, CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Ok. If you are currently staying at this hotel. Take it easy. You have options. There is a Marriott across the street. Leave now and go to it. If you have yet to book your trip you are still in luck. You have time to figure out options. My friend and I reserved a room for two nights a Monday and a Tuesday. When we got in the hotel and room seemed nice enough, the elevetor was charming (read old, creeky, iron lacey and ventelated), the rooms looked clean, the lobby was open and there was no one in the hotel. My friend and I have extensive travel experience in Europe, South America, the Carribean and all over America. While we are checking in to our room someone at the front desk was informing the "manager" that some one from there hotel had called and needed there credit card information and expiration date and a charge had come up on his card for hundreds of dollars extra. He said the call came from inside and the caller knew his name and the name of the manager and front desk person. Wierd, we thought. As we checked in we used this elevator (see above) and were glad it had worked and got us to our floor. My friend did not step foot in the elevator the rest of the time. We got ready and walked to dinner to meet friends. Had a great meal and walked back to the hotel while. So it's Oakland downtown city center...there were tons of "homeless" people looking for money and the panhandling was some thing fierce. Made it past them and up to our rooms, via the stairs, and we get in to bed and the itching begins. I start under the covers, to on top of the sheet to on top of the comfeter to in the shower taking an alarmingly hot shower at about 5 or 6 am. We decide to leave and head over to the hotel accross the street. As we were leaving there were copied letters to each door that the staff of the Washington Inn would never call and ask for money and to please not give away information. While we were waiting in a very angry line of customers who had legit money concerns we tried to tell the front desk person that there were some kind of bugs in our bed and they needed to do something about it and it neede to be stopped. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt as they were swamped. But to take ten dollars off the cost of the next nights room as a convience just does not cut it. To put the charge thur for the next night, a night we were not staying in, was beyond the pale. Sure we did not give them 24 hours notice but we were at that front desk at about 7 in the morning. They could have turned over the room, fumigated it, changed sheets and moved mattresses in time for a afternoon check in for sure. Please don't stay here. You'd be better off staying at a KOA. Better service, better quality and more amenites.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Olympia, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We came to the Bay area to visit friends and attend an event in SF, and stayed here three nights. The room was small but very clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was excellent - always responsive and helpful. The free WIFI worked well. Breakfast was lacking but we found that of minor importance in a city with many options. BART is close by (1.5 blocks) as is Chinatown, and Jack London square. Large grocery store next door and may restaurants nearby, including a great brewery/pub just around the corner, behind the hotel. It is older but well-kept and quaint, has all that we need and less of the things we don't need. Loved the woodwork and the narrow, winding stairs. We would definitely stay at the Washington Inn again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple