“Getting Better”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Simon, Arizona
“Getting Better”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I stay a lot for work. They finally updated the work out room and I enjoyed the BBQ they did!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I've stayed in many Homewood Suite because I travel alot with my work. This place does not belong in the Homewood Suite chain. First of all I did not get a suite. I got a microwave and tiny refrigerator in a tiny bedroom. . Second, half of the rooms are on the highway and train track side. I've never stayed in a noisier place. If you want to sleep at night, this is not the place to be. Also, the complimentary breakfast was very disappointing. Regurgitated eggs, stale bread, weak juice. The place is shabby and smells bad too. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I have to say this place is great! This is my third visit here and the staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home. The rooms are clean. I got lucky and got a great water view!! Whats even better is that they have the shuttle that takes you over to jack london square!!! even better is the oyster house next store! I actually made home! Try miss pearls if you go! I was pleased because i had 13 people in my group and mary ann took care of us. Vinny helped us out with places to go in SF!! When i come to the area again, i will stay here!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Colorado
Reviewed March 26, 2010

An overnight stay in Oakland with colleagues, though the accomodations were great and the staff were very friendly and took the time to welcome us and tell us about dining options around the city and in Jack London. WIll be back as we travel to the area monthly.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
sacramento ca
Reviewed December 4, 2009

we were lied to said it was a water front room it wasnt then told we had to pay for valet to park car there was no parking avalable the room was above parking the train went bye every twenty minuites they offered ear plugs we checked out an hour later forgot my battery charger and batteries pluged in for camera and video we called a hour later were told they went up and got them went back next day 8:00am thanksgiving and they said were sorry there gone and there was nothing they could do so dont trust your items in the room oh ya dont forget the parking that was never mentioned until we arrived.and we had to get our own car they just handed us the key couldnt even squeeze in doors had been banged into terrible.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Southern California
Reviewed November 1, 2009

We booked this place online. It sounded nice, next to the waterfront, not far from San Francisco. It was absolutely awful. Instead of a peaceful waterfront, we were in a suite next to a very busy freeway. As it turns out, all of the one bedroom suites are located on the busy freeway side of the hotel. It's difficult to describe how unpleasant and noisy this stay was. It can best be summed up in six words, "Avoid this place at all costs!"

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SoCalTraveler99
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 25, 2009

We stayed here instead of San Francisco as it is only a 15 min drive. and the rates are so much cheaper. One side of the hotel faces the marina and the other side faces the freeway and railroad tracks. We had a room on the freeway side ,but really didn't hear any noise.
The room was typical Homewood Suites 2BR 2 BATH complete breakfast etc.
There are good restaurants about a 10 minute drive in a town called Alameda but is a little tricky to get there. There are also restaurants near the hotel. The area around the hotel was safe even though a 1/2 mile away is a warehouse district. The only problem we had here was an IPOD and a cell phone were missing after we came back from San Francisco. They were in the little table drawer next to the bed. I asked the MGR. on duty that maybe housekeeping made an error and threw them away with the trash, but we knew. I know I put them in there because I was not using them that day. Anyway a great stay and would recommend.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family