“Good service, relatively fair price for California/San Francisco area”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Warm and welcoming staff, fair breakfast and a little sooper everynight, location not too bad, but choose room facing the sea, the road facing ones are quite noisy because railroad and road traffic. Prices are not ot high considering the San Francisco bay area standards. Easily access by gthe road and not too far from San Franciso downtown. Nearby Jack London Square is a cozy place for dinner.

Room Tip: Get the odd numbers facing the sea/bay area, the even rooms face the road/railroad, very noisy...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We strive to get to know each of our guest. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Oakland area is less than desireable to stay at, but this hotel was in a safer cleaner area. The hotel was a very nice place to stay at. It was clean, had nice beds and was very comfortable. The staff were very courteous and made you feel at home.

1  Thank Robert B

Darcella

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I've stayed here a number of times before and really appreciate the value and location of this hotel. This time they put me up in the south building and the entire building reaked of cigarette smoke. The smoking rooms are apparently on the 1st floor but my non-smoking room was on the second floor was really smelly and all the hallways were pretty bad too. If you are in the north building (the main building) it's fine. I didn't even know it was still legal to smoke in hotels in California.

Besides that, it's a perfect hotel.

Room Tip: Get one in the main (north) building
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

We’re very sorry this occurred. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at the Homewood Suites. Yes, we do have smoking rooms in the South building, please make sure you call me directly during your next visit, and I will make sure we get you in a non-smoking room. We appreciate your feedback and I will address your concerns with the hotel management team.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 3 young children for 6 nights for a family wedding in the area. We really enjoyed the location of the property on the Oakland waterfront. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, we really appreciated the ability to have 2 BDR suite, the breakfast and dinner buffets were very convenient, and the pool was very nice. The location was very convenient to Jack London Square, Lake Merritt area, the ferry into SF, and a Starbucks was nearly next to the hotel. Appreciated that the pool area is gated off from the patio so our little ones could crawl around on the patio without being in danger of getting too close to the pool. Also appreciated that the railings on the balcony of our room were safe for our kids to be out on the balcony. Would have been nice if they had more high chairs available in the breakfast area (or to take up to our room). Only other issue we had was that our room did not get serviced one of the days of our stay when the hotel got very busy on the weekend, plus we were in and out of the room at weird times that day.

Room Tip: The waterfront side was great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

First I would like to thank you and your family for staying with us during your last visit attending the wedding in the Bay Area. I can understand it can be frustrating traveling with kids and not being able to use the high chairs. I also want to apologizes for your room not getting service to your room. We appreciate your feedback and I will address your concerns with my housekeeping department. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Good reception and services,I think alot of people like me who recommend this hotel to other people. I had agood time and i enjoyed my stay. The facility location is convinient and close to he freeway.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The staff was excellent! Awesome views of the waterfront. Comfortable rooms. Reasonable prices. Can't beat it for Oakland! The night auditor gentleman has fantastic customer service skills! Anything you need, just ask!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We strive to get to know each of our guest. I will certainly share your comment with Kevin. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great suite and good location. We travelled to San Francisco by ferry and Bart. Good service from complimentary shuttle until last day, when it took one hour and three phone calls at international rates to get back to hotel! First we were told the shuttle was busy so they would send a taxi. After 30 mins when no taxi had arrived we were told it was in the parking lot where we were waiting(there were no taxi's! Eventually after nearly one hour waiting they sent a member of the kitchen staff in a borrowed car to pick up my family and one other passenger which meant my 13 year old daughter had to sit on her dad's lap! Very dangerous and unacceptable. Shame this has ruined this otherwise good stay. Also we felt very unsafe waiting at BART station due to many homeless people

Room Tip: Only stay in waterside rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

First I would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay at the Homewood Suites. We did try to resolve the transportation issue by have an employee come pick up your family. In the future we will make sure our shuttle runs on time.