New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
United States
“Great Value, Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had a business meeting here and it was a great experience. Great value and excellent staff. Nice waterfront location, free parking and the manager's afternoon reception was really filling and tasty!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Darcella Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great stay. Rooms clean and plenty of space. Wonderful view of the bay. Breakfast was very good. Best part for me was the 1 mile walk/drive to the SF bay ferry which dropped you off at the Wharf. No traffic, no parking hassles.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PTycz

San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stay in this Hotel as an alternative to San Francisco hotels. The overall experience was good. However, the only thing that is really annoying is the a/c set up. I have a light sleep and each time that the a/c turns off it awakes me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Quiet, waterfront views, reasonably priced. Shuttle within 2 mile radius. Dinner with wine, and breakfast included during the week. Very clean, comfortable, friendly staff. Close to Jack London Square.

Room Tip: Choose waterfront side as opposite side faces highway and could be noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. Touropperator made the choice for me. Was assigned a cityview room. Told lady about bad reviews on tripadvisor about the cityview rooms an asked for a waterfront room. She upgraded us without a problem.

Rooms are great!

Breakfast was fine. Free dinner was just oke. Free wine surprised us both!

Drove the rental car to downtown San Francisco. Only took 20 minutes.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel was by far one of the best places I have stayed. The staff was super friendly and even learned my children's names. As my children also learned theirs. Very homey feeling! Would recommend to all.
So a special thanks to Connie, Rudy and Miguel for making us feel welcome!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Mybelle725
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We strive to get to know each of our guest.I will certainly share your comment with Connie, Rudy and Miguel and the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Walnut, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights and expected a relaxing stay. We checked in late (after 8:00 pm) and our room was ready. We requested a wake up call for the next morning, but never got it. We ran late because of this, which added to the stress of the day. We had prepaid for the two nights but gave the receptionist my credit card for incidentals. However, a statement was left under the door indicating that two nights would be charged to the card I had left for incidentals. I brought the double billing problem to the attention to the front desk clerk who said the problem would be corrected by the manager when he arrived. It wasn't, as another statement the next morning still indicated that I would be double billed. I again took it to the front an stayed until the problem was corrected.

We were also disapointed that a used water glass on the bathroom sink had not been replaced the first night's cleaning. While not a horrible stay, this was disappointing for a Hilton affiliated property.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We’re very sorry this occurred. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at the Homewood Suites We appreciate your feedback and I will address your concerns with the Front Desk Manager and our Housekeeping supervisor.
Darcella Wright
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
Executive Inn and Suites
Waterfront Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Oakland Marriott City Center
Courtyard Oakland Downtown
BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront? Share your experiences!