New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront

Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Felt like home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel was by far one of the best places I have stayed. The staff was super friendly and even learned my children's names. As my children also learned theirs. Very homey feeling! Would recommend to all.
So a special thanks to Connie, Rudy and Miguel for making us feel welcome!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Mybelle725
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We strive to get to know each of our guest.I will certainly share your comment with Connie, Rudy and Miguel and the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Darcella Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Walnut, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights and expected a relaxing stay. We checked in late (after 8:00 pm) and our room was ready. We requested a wake up call for the next morning, but never got it. We ran late because of this, which added to the stress of the day. We had prepaid for the two nights but gave the receptionist my credit card for incidentals. However, a statement was left under the door indicating that two nights would be charged to the card I had left for incidentals. I brought the double billing problem to the attention to the front desk clerk who said the problem would be corrected by the manager when he arrived. It wasn't, as another statement the next morning still indicated that I would be double billed. I again took it to the front an stayed until the problem was corrected.

We were also disapointed that a used water glass on the bathroom sink had not been replaced the first night's cleaning. While not a horrible stay, this was disappointing for a Hilton affiliated property.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We’re very sorry this occurred. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at the Homewood Suites We appreciate your feedback and I will address your concerns with the Front Desk Manager and our Housekeeping supervisor.
London, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Employees respond extremely fast. They even helped me find a clinic when I became ill. Staying on the water side is the best. Many kudos to the excellent staff. I didn't use room service so couldn't grade it.

Room Tip: This is a pet friendly hotel, although I never heard any barking, etc. Bay side rooms are very quie...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed the comforts of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Berkeley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am writing this review on behalf of my family. I booked a two-bedroom suite for my family to stay during my graduation weekend. I booked the suite sometime in January (wanted to get things figured out early on), and the staff was extremely helpful. I asked if I could see the suite before making a decision on booking, and they were really accommodating. After the tour, I knew it would be the perfect place. Graduation weekend has just passed and my family LOVED their suite. It comes with a decent sized kitchen (dishwasher, microwave, full-sized fridge, and two gas stove-tops), two bedrooms with a flat-screen TV in each PLUS another in the living room, and two bathrooms. They especially enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast each morning -- they were amused by the DIY wafflemaker! We were lucky enough to get a first-floor suite, so they could walk out to the water front (I highly advise getting a waterfront suite and requesting the first floor). The only negative thing I can possibly think of is that the location is not located near the BART, so if you don't have a car, it might be difficult to get around. The hotel does provide a shuttle into Oakland though (M-F I believe). I would highly recommend this place! The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Happy Graduation! We are pleased we were able to accommodate your family for your Graduation weekend. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have enjoyed my stays at the hotel very much over the last couple years. I have continued to stay at this hotel because of the Staff very caring and professional from the time I check in till I check out, they are my away from home family. Their Sales director Darcella has assisted my family, coworkers and myself with our travel needs. She is the Greatest, always Professional and caring and goes out of her way to make our travel remembered Thank you Darcella. and thank you all very much and look forward to many more stays with the Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ken we always enjoy you staying with us. You are apart of our Homewood Family! We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. We look forward you coming back to Oakland.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Brown,

Although it has been a very long work day, I wanted to take a few moments to praise your staff.

I am a diamond member and as such, I do travel extensively throughout the year so I do very much understand and appreciate good customer service.

Tonight, I arrived from work to the hotel just a few minutes past 7 pm so the staff had just finished putting the dinner food away. As I walked through the lobby, I reached to take an apple and simply made a comment to the front desk person about having missed dinner time and that the apple was going to be my dinner for tonight. Without hesitation Courtney offered to go to the kitchen to see if there was food left. A few minutes later she came out with a plate of warm food for me. Words cannot express how grateful I was for this. You are fortunate to have Courtney in your team.

In addition, I also wanted to recognize a couple of other team members, Olivia and Gabby. I truly appreciate hearing Gabby's charming personality. Her laugh is contiguous.... She brings a smile to my face while I enjoy your delicious breakfast and dinner.

Olivia is also very pleasant when I fill my plate with food. She is very on top of things... I really enjoy her positive attitude.

Congratulations on having the "A" team on your side.

Ps: I am staying in room 327

Room Tip: Ocean view is the way to go! It's worth paying a little extra...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
portland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I truly have to say my stay at comfort suites was very enjoyable . When one is away from home for several months it is so delightful to be greeted daily with so many smiling faces. Guest were attended to with such care and professionalism. I tried to book a run tonight in Yakima Washington but they were filled. I look forward to using Hilton in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.