“Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My experience was wonderful. I was in town to go to school - the breakfast was wonderful, the shuttle van saved me (it was more than convenient) and the staff was extremely informative. The noise on the street side was only a minor drawback - I recommend you reserve a waterfront room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Darcella Wrigt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
San Ramon, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My now husband and I just had our wedding at the Piedmont Community Hall, and used the Homewood Suites as our "home base" for the weekend's events. I wish I could give this place 10 stars for the way they accommodated us, our wedding party, and our friends and family!!

First, the prices are SO reasonable considering how pretty this place is - the website just doesn't do it justice! Its literally right on the water. Second, it's a super conveniently located place (15 min from the Piedmont, and just a couple of minutes from the Lake Merrit area.) For a wedding it was great because they have a gorgeous outdoor area by the water for "visiting", and large two room suites with full fridges and living areas where you can get ready. (If your have researched the Piedmont Community Hall at all for a wedding, you know there aren't many hotels in that area.)

Really what made this place so special for us was the staff. Maryanne worked with me to put together the weekend, booking a room for our rehearsal dinner (a super fun "fiesta" from taco grill - cheap and easy), and two suites for the ladies and men to get ready in. Maryanne made sure the suites were in separate buildings (so the groom didn't see me the day of!) with patio access in both. She also had a bottle of wine waiting for us when we arrived! She totally took the stress out of all of those logistics that are really so important the weekend of your big day!

My one note to someone using this place for a wedding: checkout is at noon. I booked the suites for the night before the wedding, then a regular room for my husband and I the night of, leaving a three hour gap between check out and check in. I was very fortunate to extend out check out a couple of hours so we could finish getting ready, but if I could do it all again I would just keep the suite through the next day to avoid the stress.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ventura, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great hotel that has a nice location along the Oakland Waterfront and marina. Staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast every morning was very well prepared and all the foods were fresh. Close to Jack London Square and all of the shops and restaurants there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

El Portal, Ca.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Dinner ends at 645, and no extra pillows, even though front desk promised they were on they way
Had to purchase pillows previous night as embassy suites dropped the ball too
traveling with a damaged shoulder so sleep was a challenge
breakfast was good and a value

Room Tip: nice location on the bay
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mark D
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We’ve very sorry this occurred. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. Your feedback will be taken into consideration. Again, I’d like to offer my sincerest apologies.
Randallstown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Hello, I have been visiting this hotel for a long time because of the work I do. I must say this was one of the best times I have had. The Food GOOD! The room was nice. I would like to say Thank you to Ryan, who kept the Beer flowing during Happy Hour, Olivia and Courtney for keep all the food hot and more importantly good and fresh and to Ms. Ron for always smiling and keeping the front desl happy and welcoming! See you all Soon on my next visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Williamsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed in the studio suite which was biger then expected. and had an excellent view of the Marina. Room was very clean . Breakfast buffet was great and had plenty to choose from. . Dinner reception was better then expected, meals were hot and the complimentary drinks are a welcome bonus after a long day. The Staff was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. We are pleased your enjoying your stay with us. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. Hopefully you will come back and see us.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I used to drive past these I-580 hotels on the way to Oakland Airport thinking you'd stay there, next to the highway, overlooking Oakland....yuk.
Well...I will, from now on. How beautiful! The property is clean, well appointed, well staffed, great food for breakfast and "dinner"......the suites are wonderful and the entire back of hotel overlooks the waterfront with sail boats, glistening water, walkways....just terrific.
I will be back......really wonderful! And the staff is AAAAA+++++++!!!!!!

Room Tip: I've stayed in front and back...all are sound proofed so it really doesn't matter. Obviously...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Linda we are pleased your enjoying your stay with us. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. Hopefully you will come back and see us.