“Beautiful view of Marina”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed in the studio suite which was biger then expected. and had an excellent view of the Marina. Room was very clean . Breakfast buffet was great and had plenty to choose from. . Dinner reception was better then expected, meals were hot and the complimentary drinks are a welcome bonus after a long day. The Staff was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Michelle We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. We are pleased your enjoying your stay with us. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. Hopefully you will come back and see us.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I used to drive past these I-580 hotels on the way to Oakland Airport thinking you'd stay there, next to the highway, overlooking Oakland....yuk.
Well...I will, from now on. How beautiful! The property is clean, well appointed, well staffed, great food for breakfast and "dinner"......the suites are wonderful and the entire back of hotel overlooks the waterfront with sail boats, glistening water, walkways....just terrific.
I will be back......really wonderful! And the staff is AAAAA+++++++!!!!!!

Room Tip: I've stayed in front and back...all are sound proofed so it really doesn't matter. Obviously...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Linda we are pleased your enjoying your stay with us. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. Hopefully you will come back and see us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Checked in on July 2012 and will be checking out on May 2013. Excellent place to stay with a beautiful view of the marina. Great breakfast and dinner plus the complimentary beer and wine. The 10 plus month stay was great. Thanks Connie, Ron, Courtney, Cindy, Carlos, Nora and Josie for always greeting me upon my return. To Norm and Ryan thanks for taking me and picking me up when needed. Thank you Darcella and Mary Ann for taking care of all my reservations when I had company come into town. Charles Brown you have a great staff and it does make a difference when you mingle with the guest during dinner.

Room Tip: Ocean View very relaxing
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Gary we are pleased your enjoying your stay with us. You are a guest the all hotels would want to stay with them. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. We will miss you when you’re gone. Hopefully you will come back and see us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Homewood Suites are the #1 choice for my business partner and me when traveling together. We always work right up to our client presentations and Homewood Suites allow us to share a central work area, yet have our own private areas with private baths. The "free" dinner and breakfasts are also a nice benefit when you are short on time.

This particular Homewood is one of the best because even though it doesn't have a fireplace, it has a fantastic view of the Oakland waterfront with balconies in the main living room. It is too bad I spent all my time in the room working and didn't have time for a cold one on the balcony, but last time we were here I did have time to relax and hopefully when we are back in the future I'll get the chance again.

If you're in Oakland traveling with another person, but don't want to share a single hotel room, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Water front room is the ONLY way to go.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have a 2 bedroom suite and loved staying at Homewood Suites from the east coast to west coast. Needless to say when we returned this afternoon after being gone since early AM we were disappointed to return to a room that was not cleaned. Neither bedroom or bath had been touched. I called the front desk and they did send someone to the room to fix the error. Still after being gone all day and wanted to come back and relax I was not happy about the shape of our room when we returned.

Stayed: April 2013
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

We’re very sorry this occurred. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. Your feedback will be taken into consideration. I will make sure I share your concerns with the Housekeeping staff. I hope if you’re back in the Oakland area you will stay with us again.

Director of Sales

Reviewed March 27, 2013

You really cant beat the location for a stay in the Oakland Area.
On the water, nice view, wonderful stay.
Carlos Rosales and Connie were very accomodating. They made sure to help us fine tune our stay and we opted to upgrade to a better room (reasonable prices make everything possible!) and we enjoyed our stay even more!
Breakfast included. Near Jack London Square. Everett and Jones was incredible!

Room Tip: Choose a water view for the best experience!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank michael1066
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We decided on this hotel because it is pet friendly, has suites with full kitchens and is on the waterfront in Oakland. Homewood Suites has exceeded our expectations. The staff is terrific, friendly and genuinely interested in making your stay as perfect as can be. The suites are very clean with lovely furnishings and the grounds are beautiful. Location is ideal. Breakfeasts and evening meals are complimentary including wine and beer and are delicious! Fresh everything is available. I can't say enough about this place. We are spending 4 days here, looking after our 5 year old granddaughter, who lives 10 minutes away - in a 'no dogs allowed' apartment, so finding a place suitable for looking after her during the day which is close by was a last minute challenge we were not certain we could deal with. Thank you Homewood Suites for making it so easy!! We will be back...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family