Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsgerman restaurantevening receptionfront deskfree dinneroakland waterfrontfull kitchenfreeway sidejack london squarehot breakfastsan franciscoview of the baywater frontwater viewthe breakfast areabusiness tripshuttle servicefree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We met our daughter and son in law at this hotel. We were somewhat apprehensive about Oakland waterfront near Coast Guard Island figuring somewhere in downtown Oakland or Emeryville or SF would have been better.

What we found was a clean hotel with suites, breakfast (full) everyday and wine and beer and dinner Monday thru Thursday all included in the price.

Hotel management and staff were wonderful.

A world of caution: Rooms 332 and 232 are very small, so negotiate the rate. Our room was a full suite with 2 burner stove, microwave, dishwasher and big frig.

The hotel is about 8 miles from the Oakland a/p and an easy trip from the a/p. The even number rooms look out on the I 880 and BART and freight tracks, but he odd number rooms are water views of Coast Guard Island and the scullers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bobc65
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment with the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had a great, clean room overlooking the Embarcadero Estuary. From Ron at the front-desk, to Olivia, who helped serve the delicious meals during the Manager's Reception, to the maintanence guy who helped me out almost instantly when my thermostat went wonky... they were all smiling, gracious, helpful, and most of all, they really cared. Really awesome place, and if i am ever back in Oakland, i will be staying there.

Room Tip: be sure and ask for a waterfront room!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was pleasantly pleased with everything. The family atmosphere of the staff was most noticed. The room was excellent and housekeeping exquisite. It is right off the freeway and is 10 mins at the most from downtown. The shuttle service to downtown Oakland was a big plus. The shuttle driver went above and beyond to make sure that I was able see a jazz show and not miss the last shuttle time. All the staff from the front desk were great. The ladies at the food line (yes, breakfast and dinner were complimentary) were vvery friendly....my kind of people.

The complimentary wines were excellent taste!

Thank you all.

Room Tip: By the gym.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been here for a week and still have one more week to stay on business. Ron (a lady) on the front desk is wonderful. She is so pleasant, accommodating and nice. It's a pleasure to return to the hotel every evening. The rooms are typical suites with all the appropriate amenities. Housekeeping does a great job daily. The breakfast each morning is absolutely terrific. Dinner is exceptional every evening. It is a FULL meal: soup, salad, meat, vegetable, and potato or rice. Olivia serves the meal every evening Monday through Thursday. She does a great job. Everything is always fresh and tastes wonderful and the beer and wine are also included. There area surrounding the hotel is not the greatest, but it is Oakland. There is a Quiznos and Starbucks right next door. However, for dinner on the weekends, you will need to take a taxi or drive. Last but not least, request a water view. The other side of the hotel faces the railroad tracks and the highway. Again, I would recommend this hotel. The staff, full breakfast and dinner Monday through Thursday and terrific! They also have a free shuttle for the 2 mile surrounding area.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor, water view.
1  Thank valtom
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment to Ron and the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel is nice close to the bay on the back u can see nice place to walk around ,and the staff here server are the best they are helpful ,and nice and the most I like is the room clean every day I come back from work.here are the good staff that if u need help they are there for u.is.Nora olive Ron ,Connie they are very good staff and very nice thank them a lot for the help.o

• Stayed: March 2012

We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comments to Nora, Olivia, Ron & Connie and the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Darcella Wrigh