“I say that I love to stay at this hotel more then any hotel I want to stay.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
“I say that I love to stay at this hotel more then any hotel I want to stay.”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel is nice close to the bay on the back u can see nice place to walk around ,and the staff here server are the best they are helpful ,and nice and the most I like is the room clean every day I come back from work.here are the good staff that if u need help they are there for u.is.Nora olive Ron ,Connie they are very good staff and very nice thank them a lot for the help.o

• Stayed March 2012
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comments to Nora, Olivia, Ron & Connie and the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Darcella Wrigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
San Jose, CA
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this Homewood Suites. The staff was warm, welcome and very helpful. The large breakfast buffet, which was included, was a pleasant surprise with it's variety and choices: two types of eggs (boiled & scrambled), three kinds of cold cereal plus hot oatmeal, whole and cut fresh fruits, pastries, breads, sausage patties, yogurt, etc. Even the most picky or diet restricted person will find something to eat. The dining area overlooks the estuary and there is a nice path to walk along the water. The room was not large but comfortable with a mini bar area with a small microwave and refrigerator. The only complaint was that the bath water never got hot enough. But all in all, it is definitely a great place if you need to be in the East Bay, right off the freeway. We had a room on the water side so I don't know how noisy the rooms got on the freeway side.

Room Tip: Ask for the water side, which is quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. I will address the temperature of the bath water with my maintenance department. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is situated between the bay and the freeway/train tracks. I stayed here before on the bay side, and it was very nice. We had a suite, and it was very quiet. This time I went there on business and stayed on the freeway/train track side. It was quite noisy, and the room was small (I would not call it a suite). The desk chair was extremely uncomfortable (poor ergonomics), while I was working on my laptop. Don't stay here unless you can get a real suite on the water side.

Room Tip: Be sure to stay on the side facing the bay.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank steveandjan1
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback and I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We booked a few rooms for a weekend so we could spend some time with friends. The location was great! The rooms are wonderful and seem so luxurious for the price! We really enjoyed the hot breakfast/ create your own waffle station. The staff there is AMAZING. Connie was absolutely the best, she did anything and everything we asked. The Manager even shuttled us into Alameda when the taxi never showed. THANK YOU for a memorable weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We are very pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our hotel. We strive high to make our guest happy and provide the best service possible. I will certainly share your comment to Connie and the rest of the staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Darcella wright
Reading, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My dear Cindy Davis , our stay in your place was a wonderful experienced because of your kindness and courteous staff members , it made me feel were not away from home , everything was so fabulous , the food, view , location and the service. definitely, I will recommend your place to all my loved ones and friends . Looking forward to come back again...God bless you more...

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are so easy to access the waterfront view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We are very pleased you enjoyed our convenient location and service. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Oakland, California, USA
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Homewood Suites and I must say, what a great place! The staff was more than helpful and so friendly. The rooms were very nice and had a "homey" feel to them. My kids loved this place. My 7 yr old daughter thought it was so nice that when the beds were made that the staff made sure they put her stuffed animal on her bed. Those little things makes this hotel stand out from the rest. I want to also add that the food was great as well. Nice home-cooked breakfast and dinner. My kids seemed to enjoy the food a little bit too much! The location of the hotel is so sirene and beautiful. We were able to take our dog out for a walk and enjoy the water and boats. Thank you so much to Darcella Wright, Director of Sales at Homewood! I will definitely tell others about the experience I had here. Wonderful!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We are very happy to hear your kids enjoyed our breakfast & dinner. Making kids happy is very important to all of us. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Director of Sales
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Make sure you reserve a waterside room and give yourself enough time to walk the path. A Starbucks about 100 yards away, coupled with this hotel made for a relaxing couple days. The patio is a nice place to relax. Rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. You cant go wrong when you have a Starbucks so close and your looking out at the water. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Director of Sales