“GREAT HOTEL”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“GREAT HOTEL”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My family stayed at the Homewood Suites for a week and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful and addressed any questions or issues that we had. We stayed in a Suite suite facing the water with a tranquil view. There was plenty of room for our 14 - month old daughter to romp around and enjoy herself! The complimentary paper, breakfast buffet (each day!), dinner reception in the lounge and fresh fruit was a real treat! The walk along the water around the backside of the building was very serene. We felt secure due to the fact that entry required a guest key swipe at all doors after 10 pm and for most doors at other times except the front entrances. Parking was convenient and free and the ameneties included a fitness room, business center and laundry (which we used!) We didn't get to enjoy the pool or spa because it was winter. I would highly recommend the Homewood Suites to anyone traveling in the Bay Area. It is close enough to San Francisco and conveniently located off of the Freeway. If our travels bring us back to Oakland, this wonderful hotel will be our choice!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob J
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your stay at the Homewood Suites and for taking the time to share your comments. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and your kind words. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Darcella Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed 7 nights and enjoyed our stay immensely. The rooms were clean, quiet, had a beautiful view of the waterfront and lots of great sunsets. Every morning we enjoyed a full hot breakfast. The location is right off of the Nimitz Freeway with easy access. Their free shuttle vans provide transportation to nearby shopping and restaurants. .Our seven night stay here was greatly enhanced by the friendly staff and by comfortable, spacious one bed hotel room, complete with a small living room, kitchen sink, fridge, microwave, and cozy bed made us feel at home after coming home from a long day of sightseeing around the bay. We look forward to staying there in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Love this property for years now. Staff was superb. They gave me a room on the water with a door to outside for my puppy (Thank you!). Sunsets are phenomenal on the bay here especially with the delicious food (Olivia serves it with a smile). I stay here whenever possible when I work nearby at Coast Guard Island (5 minute commute!)

Room Tip: Get waterside if available, cityview is nice but has traffic noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We are very pleased you enjoyed our convenient location near the Coast Guard Island. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Director of Sales
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We booked a room for Saturday, Feb 2nd 2013! I knew that check in was 3pm, so I called prior to arrival and spoke with CONNIE! She was courteous, polite and really friendly! She informed me that they were sold out but she would try her best to fulfil my request! And she did! I was able to check in at 1230! Wonderful! We scheduled the conference room for a small event that held about 40 people! The conference room was clean and set up (even though we decided to change the set up lol) one of the workers MIGUEL helped us and even came back to check an hour or so later to ask if everything was okay and he took out the trash! Great service! Later on in the day when the event was taking place the manager CARLOS and front desk attendant COURTNEY were super helpful and offered us as much assistance as we needed! I would recommend this hotel to anyone! It was clean! The room was spotless and the bed was comfy! But honestly the staff made this experience completely wonderful! Thank you for the outstanding customer service!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure our success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We will certainly share your insights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Director of Sales
Ridgefield, Washington, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I could not say more about this hotel. The accommodations are superb and the folks there tend to our most minute requests. First, upon arrival we found that MSNBC was not on the TV select stations ... I called the office, gently complained, the office gal passed along the message and within 15 minutes Charles the mgr called back, another 15 minutes and we had our station. Then in the middle of the next night the toilet plugged up ... 10 minutes later Miguel appeared bucket in hand and without complaint he took care of our problem. Then on departure in the confusion of packing the car I left my brief-case with all my computer stuff, bluetooth speaker, headphones, cables, chargers, along with my iPad and MacBook Pro, two months of notes for a class I just taught at church. An hour and a half later after discovering my blunder I sped back to Homewood where my "babies" had been turned in by a very honest, caring young man I'd spoken to just before checking out. Faith restored again in the goodness of most people and great professionals at Homewood Suites in Oakland at the Waterfront. Thanks to you all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Darcella W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best gauge by which we can measure of success and make changes where necessary and appropriate. We will certainly share your in sights with the entire team and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I recently spent a night at the Homewood suite by Hilton Hotel. The staff were amazing, we arrived early in the morning for a conference my husband was attending. The front desk help me retrieve our luggage and the shuttle driver then drove me to the BART station an hour later so that I could spend the day in San Francisco. When I checked into the hotel that afternoon, we were given an beautiful room with a view of the harbor. The staff even called a few hours later to make sure that we were happy. This is a great hotel, next to the ferry to Jack London Square.

Grand Island, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in January for business. Checked in fairly late on a Monday

Room was outdated, had to hunt for outlets to plug in my computer, cell phone, etc. Room was laid out very akwardly and wasn't inviting at all.

This Homewood allows pets which is fine, but not to pet owners that don't care if their dogs bark at all hours. Barking dogs in the evening while trying to work on my computer and barking dogs in the morning to wake up to at 5am even though I didn't need to be up until 8am. I called the front desk and got a canned apology with no attempt to correct it in any manner.

The complimentary breakfast and dinner were passable as substance and not much more. As a Diamond member it's time for Hilton to change around their offerings as I've seen the same old breakfast and dinner items for two years now with absolute zero change. Not acceptable when you travel 200 days a year. Time to check out Marriott...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at the Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback, and again I’d like to offer my sincerest apologies.