Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
  • Restaurant
$261
$189
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Breakfast included
$124
BestWestern.com
$137
  • Pool
Bay Breeze Inn Oakland(Oakland)
$79
$219
$179
Priceline
1,004 results
All reviewsgerman restaurantevening receptionfront deskfree dinneroakland waterfrontfull kitchenfreeway sidejack london squarehot breakfastsan franciscoview of the baywater frontwater viewthe breakfast areabusiness tripshuttle servicefree shuttle
Reviewed October 5, 2012

rooms are a good price, clean and well presented - but the staff are less than helpful and somewhat indifferent. Be careful with their Bus Shuttle service to the Oakland Ferry - it doesn't always run, so you need to confirm with the front desk. When we did use it, the shuttle driver gave us his card to call when we returned, which we did, but he didn't turn up. Pool towels were never restocked - had to keep asking. IMPORTANT: ask for a water view - the rest of the rooms face a train line which is very noisy. Breakfast is ok - scrambled eggs, ham, waffle, cereal. All up, average hotel, with the price being the best feature.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
DOS67, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback and I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I and two family members came together for a week at Homewood Suites. I'd booked the suite thinking that the description and services sounded too good to be true, but we were all thrilled with the whole experience.
I asked at the front desk about an issue with the thermostat and someone came immediately to re-set it.
At dinner one evening, the hostess, Olivia, made a special salsa for me because most salsas are too hot for me to enjoy - and she did it in the middle of everything else that was going on... with a smile!
We made good use of the shuttle to and from the BART, too!
I can't wait for the opportunity to go back. No question about where I'll stay.

Room Tip: Bay side rooms have lovely views of the marina.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Maryann thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Thanks for including all the great details on your trip; I’m sure other travelers will find the info useful. We hope to see you again soon.

Darcella Wright
Director of Sales

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Feliz1
Stayed at this hotel for two weeks for my job and had a great stay there. I left on a Friday and forgot the charger for my tablet....pretty crucial thing to have. I called the hotel and they courteously agreed to send it to me. What a surprise to see it arrive the very next morning at home in an overnight envelope!
Wow! This hotel really goes the extra mile and they do a great job. Lovely view, good free breakfast and dinner most days of the week. Clean, pleasant place to stay.
I strongly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the waterfront side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for staying with the Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland Waterfront. Were please you enjoyed your stay. We hope your job sends you back soon. Thank you again and look forward to see you next time.

Darcella Wright
Director of Sales

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We recently stayed at Homewood Suites Oakland and enjoyed the experience. The staff were very friendly, and made us feel right at home. Having travelled to the area for the first time from Australia, we couldn't have asked for more accommodating, polite and friendly staff who went out of their way to meet our needs. While the view of the highway wasn't the best, the location was close to the family we were visiting and transport options - plus the view from the dining room overlooking the estuary was lovely. We've already recommended it to other friends and would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the estuary!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were looking into suites since we had our 17 year exchange student and wanted to him to have his own room. When we found this for the Saturday of the Giants ~ Dodgers game for $159 and tax it was a perfect deal! We loved that it was within walking distance to the Jack London Ferry that took us directly to the AT&T Stadium. We even got there very early and our room was ready.
We had the two bedroom waterfront suite and it was perfect for our newly formed little family.

Both bedrooms were large with their own bath and flatscreen TV. One with a King the other Queen bed. Perfect. Very comfortable bedding and each room their own climate control. There was a middle living room with kitchen. This would have been even more perfect for a family of more! There was a mid size fridge, dishwasher, sink and double stove top and all the cooking utensils. Also in the area was a small kitchen table, fold out couch, Flat screen TV and chair. Very comfortable. All of us were very impressed.

Breakfast the following morning was perfect for our 17 year old. Made to order!

Great price and everything you need. Free parking with security, too. On this given trip I did not try the internet so I can't address it or the pool. A certain keeper on our hotel list!!