Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
$124
$189
$149
$149
$202
$159
$114
QualityInn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
$127
  • Breakfast included
$152
BestWestern.com
Bay Breeze Inn Oakland(Oakland)
$69
  • Pool
All reviewsgerman restaurantevening receptionfront deskfree dinneroakland waterfrontfull kitchenfreeway sidejack london squarehot breakfastsan franciscoview of the baywater frontwater viewthe breakfast areabusiness tripshuttle servicefree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I booked this hoping it would be in a nice part of Oakland with places to walk around but it is pretty isolated. People are nice there. Room was clean. One side is view of estuary other side is train tracks.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Redmondhome
Reviewed May 16, 2012

During my stay March thru May I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Housekeeping always cleaned my room far above my expectations and the little thought of restocking my popcorn everyday was so considerate, especially since I wake up in the middle of the night and want a little snack. Chef, as we call him, made sure we had plenty of food to eat and the presentation of the food was great. The guest always had ample wine, food, and beer to whet our appetites. I rate Homewood Oakland off the chart. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Very impressioned with the caring staff and facilities. General Manager Jason knew what he was doing when he hired Evelyn Fernandez. Evelyn ensures the comfort of every guest, even down to the last detail of providing cookies at the end of the manager's meal. Chef Dee is never seen without a smile on his face and ensures dining facilities are kept clean. Stayed here for 1 month and was amazed with the service.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pwililiams
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We always stay at a Homewood Suites when visiting family in Alexandria, VA. When no hotels were available in Berkeley when we went to pick up our son from CAL at the end of the school year, we searched for the nearest Homewood Suites. That is how we stumbled upon this hotel. We arrived early (before the scheduled check in time), and the front desk clerk greeted us with a smile and a genuine sense of doing her best to provide the best service. She was able to provide us with an early check in. What a delight after an eight hour drive! The room was so clean and so comfortable! We loved the high ceilings on the first floor. A maid outside the door when we entered the room, asked if everything was OK and if we needed the sofa bed made up. We enjoyed the many wonderful amenities! What we enjoyed most was the attitude of all the workers!!! Everyone was so hospitable, polite, happy, and just plain nice. We truly felt like valued guests from everyone!! Customer service seems to be on the decline at many places, but not here!! This will be our first choice now when we visit CAL! The service and extra amenities are worth the little extra commute to Berkeley (which actually was pretty convenient!)

Room Tip: The waterfront view is very nice, but you do not need to pay extra for a room with a view. The pool, lobby, and large patio will give you plenty of opportunities to enjoy the waterfront at no extra charge!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank J G
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel at the end of February and there was a lovely young lady who checked me in. I believe her started with a D ( Darlene I believe?). Anywho, the dinner I had was also very tasty. Chef Dee had a warm and inviting smile. The cookies were good also. Upon me checking out, Cindy was a wonderful and helped correct my bill. I would recommend anyone to stay at this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: There's no room service. Choose the water side. It's about $20 more but well worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business