All reviewsbart stationjack london squarefront desksan franciscosolid choicecorporate ratelake merrittwould stay here againpublic areasfree internetsmall fridgecomfortable roomsfitness centerconvenient locationafter darkking bedrental car
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Arrived late night for a 2 night stay. Valet asked If I needed a luggage cart. We did so he rolled it onto the sidewalk by the driver door and walked away. I was in the trunk retrieving luggage and the other attendant was on the curb asking me questions. I then saw (due to the sloping sidewalk) the cart rolling toward my car. I yelled "Grab it!" The attendants just looked at me. I dove for the cart but was too far away. The cart rolled off the sidewalk into the street and slammed against my 2017 Honda. The carry left a $150 dent in my driver side door and the Valet Company REFUSES to pay for the repair. They offered a $100 Marriott card. Will never stay here or any other Marriott EVER!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank flybyglass
Jon P, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

flybyglass,
Please know that I am working with our valet company to take care of the damage to your car.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Stayed here as attending event in Oakland, before moving to San Francisco. Wish we had stayed in Oakland whole time. Large bright rooms with plenty of space, excellent facilities, and located 2 blocks from the BART station offering easy access to downtown San Francisco in 15-20 minutes. Close to 'old Oakland' area with nice restaurants and bars.
Only one niggle - no in-room safe

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Jon P, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Good day Elizabeth E,
Thank you for the great rating and for staying with us!
We are very happy your experience with us was a great one and hope that you come back and expeirence everything Oakland has to offer.
Have a great day,

Reviewed September 2, 2017

This Courtyard is more a hotel than most. It is large, very busy, and very urban. Lobby is like a formal Marriott hotel more than a traditional Courtyard. Rooms are clean and pleasant. All in all this is a surprise!

Stayed: August 2017
Jon P, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2017

Good day kneel126,
Thank you first for stayign with us and second for the rating of "4"!
We are very excited your stay was a good one and look forward to many returns!
Have a great day,

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend for 5 days and it was awesome. Our room was large, modern and clean. The housekeeping did an amazing job. The front desk guys (Eugene and Adham) were sooooo friendly and nice! Like THE BEST front desk people I've ever encountered at ANY hotel! Adham found out I was a bit under the weather one day and sent an organic tea up to my room to help me feel better... so sweet that he went above and beyond! The male housekeeper who was topping up the pool towels was also super friendly and genuinely nice. The hotel is only a block away from the BART line, so super convenient for getting into SF. This hotel is great. Shout out to the staff for an amazing stay!!!! Highly recommend!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Jon P, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Good day Lex C,
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad your stay was a great one.
I will pass on your comments to all of our staff and they truly mean the world to us.
We look forward to welcoming you back on future visits to the Oakland area!
Have a great weekend,
Courtyard Downtown Oakland

Reviewed August 29, 2017

We stayed in this hotel because we had several days of activities planned in San Francisco, and hotels were too expensive in the city. We were very pleased with this arrangement. We had our car, having driven up from Los Angeles, so we bought the pre-paid parking at the hotel as part of our reservation, but if you were flying into Oakland you would have no need for a car. We took BART into the city every day, which was a short walk from the hotel. We also enjoyed having the chance to get to know Oakland, walking Broadway, and seeing Jack London Square and First Fridays, and some good restaurants in the area. The hotel was clean, the rooms were good, the service was nice. The pool is a bit small and sad (didn't use it--there is no jacuzzi), and the food options in the lobby were not great. You do better heading out the door for your cup of coffee and breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Jon P, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2017

Good day cookpias,
Thank you for the great rating of "4"! We are happy your stay was a good one and look forward to welcoming you back on future visits to the Oakland area.