Courtyard Oakland Downtown
ClarionHotels
  • Restaurant
$139
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
$108
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$129
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

$124
$156
$126
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$210
Homewood
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

$269
$159
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

$189
$79
All reviewsbart stationjack london squarefront desksan franciscosolid choicecorporate ratelake merrittpublic areaswould stay here againfree internetsmall fridgebed was very comfortablefitness centerone night stayrooms are niceconvenient locationafter dark
Reviewed April 10, 2013

First day - The TV remote control doesn't worked. We asked for a new one. Waited forever. Picked one up from the front desk. Still doesn't work. Called front desk for a new one. Never arrived.
Second day - my two kids are swimming in the pool. There are lots of leaves floating in the pool. I went to ask the front desk for a pool cleaner to scoop up the leaves. This was 1/2 an hour ago. I already asked them 2x. Guess they are short of staff at this hotel. They allow people to smoke in the outdoor pool area while kids are swimming. Guess the no smoking policy in public area is not that strictly enforced here.
It's a nicely renovated place. It's ok to stay for the night and go. Just don't use their facilities or ask for anything. Don't bother asking for anything. They would not get it to you. EVER!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank jiamin
CourtyardGM1, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m sorry to hear that you had issues with the front desk. I can assure you that this is not typical service at our hotel and we’ve brought your comments to the attention of our team members. Our staff typically goes above and beyond to make sure guests have a comfortable stay. We know how important it is for travelers to have a hotel that provides good service and a comfortable place to relax. I hope you will stay with us again next time you’re in Oakland and let us show you the level of service that so many other guests have come to expect at our hotel.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

As a business traveler, this is no more, and no less, than a place to sleep. I is difficult to knock because the staff was very nice but sometimes its nice to have an amenity to make the trip worth the effort. This would not be that place. Lastly, if traveling with a companion, the room design is a challenge with the headboard of the bed resting against a very thin wall to the bathroom. Know what I mean?

Room Tip: Marriott Hotel right across the street may be a better choice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RoboPop
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Marriott Courtyard on Broadway in downtown Oakland is consistent with other Marriott Courtyards. Excellent location with plenty of restaurants, and bars nearby. It is walking distance to Jack London Square. The Bart station is a block away and the best way to get to San Francisco. A taxi stand is also near the Bart station. It's in an older building that has been remodeled. I had a good rate. Make sure you research their rates well. You can find all of them on the Courtyard website if you look carefully and click the + near the rate you are looking for. I had a govt/military rate which was best, but the AAA is good too.

Room Tip: A room with a window facing Broadway may be a bit noisier, but it was still fine for me. It's a better view. I was on the 4th floor, so no great views unless you like watching the action on Broadway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Attended a convention here in February. Facilities were all conveniently located, elevators worked well. Food was good and employees were helpful. I was surprised to find that internet access was $10 extra from rooms, (though free in some public areas), and that parking was very expensive. There is a BART station across the street for easy access to San Francisco or anywhere else on the route.

Room Tip: You might try to get a room on the Bay side of the hotel for a better view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The staff was excellent! The location outstanding. Flew into Oakland, took Bart to 12th street and walked off Bart and crossed street to Hotel. Our room was more than we needed or expected for a one night stay. Walking distance to a great Thai restaurant and Jack London Square. The person that took my reservation sent us a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! (I mentioned it was our anniversary and could she connect me to room service...she said it was not available at the moment....next thing I knew!) we were off to the Paramount theatre and the Oakland shuttles were free and convenient. Yes!yes!yes! I'd stay there again. Chinatown was a blast to walk around, an added bonus.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple