“Fantastic hotel in a very good location.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
“Fantastic hotel in a very good location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We were allocated a room on the 20th floor which had fantastic views over San Francisco Bay. Staff were very friendly and we really enjoyed our stay. Thank you for a great few days and we would definitely come back in the future.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have stayed at this Courtyard several times over the past few years on my annual visit to friends in Livermore. Love the location, good for Chinatown, the California Museum, Lake Merritt, various very good restaurants in the area and BART is a block away. This year, unfortunately, it is booked up for the dates I need and I'll have to stay elsewhere. Very disappointing, esp. when I'm booking weeks in advance. Oh, well....

Room Tip: Good restaurants all around hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank karenrose314
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed here numerous time and seem to have issues with this property. So on my last stay (9/23-24) it was issues with the "HOT" water it took for ever to get hot and when it did it wasn't real hot but that wasn't my main concern. My GF valet her car at 5am and when she valet she asked how much the cost would be and the gentleman told her $14 but at checkout they wrote $17 after complaining to the front desk, the lady at the front desk then called for a manager and another worker said "whats the problem"? and she responded that we didn't want to pay for the parking. At no time did I say I didn't want to pay for parking, the issue was the change in pricing than what was quoted. The manager came up and really didn't care, they made a big deal over $3. So I would reccomend that you make sure you verify parking fee before giving your car to Valet. For a $220 a night stay and being a Marriott Elite rewards member I didn't see the proper customer service also if you ever get the jacuzzi room check the jacuzzi immediately on a previous stay it didn't work and I didn't know til after a couple of check in.

Otherwise this is a nice Courtyard, very clean and fresh smelling.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank jr876
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were in need and the hotel came through. The prices allowed my stressed out friends to enjoy a great weekend with my wife and me. I loved the value and got the same service that I would have gotten from a five star.

• Stayed August 2012
seattle, wa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a very clean, well kept Courtyard. The common areas are very useable, and the rooms are comfortable. Wi-Fi worked well and was easy to log on. Staff was very friendly and efficient. The pool is not one you can swim laps, pool and the exercise room are very small. ( minor quibble, there were no disinfecting wipes to use on the equipment.) There were towels and water. Pleasant surprise on Friday morning was the farmers market across Broadway, I had a french pastry and ripe peaches for breakfast! I used Bart to get here from Oakland airport for the first time. It's doable (you have to take a shuttle bus from the airport to the Bart line) But this is an easy walk from the 12th street exit if you are not laden with luggage.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our recent stay at the Courtyard Oakland mainly because we could use Reward Points. However, we were pleased with this clean, quiet hotel. The queen beds in our room were very comfortable. WiFi was free and easy to use. The neighborhood was a pleasant surprise. It was fun exploring nearby Chinatown. I wished I'd had more time to spend in Old Oakland, which is very attractive with a fun Farmers' Market on Friday mornings. The free shuttle up and down Broadway makes it easy to get to Jack London Square and the ferry to San Francisco. We'd definitely return to this Courtyard.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MmeMarie
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Some family members and I stayed at this hotel while attending a family member's wedding in Benicia. Very nicely decorated and clean hotel. My room was large, with a very comfortable bed and siting area. I felted safe while staying at this quiet hotel in the downtown area of Oakland. It is a few short blocks from Jack London Square and Freeways connecting to San Francisco and Berkeley. I enjoyed my room which faced the busy China Town's Farmers Market. There is no parking garage available at this location for self-parking but there is a very good valet service. Just a call to the front desk and your car will be waiting at the front entrance of the hotel. This hotel had a friendly staff and served a good breakfast brunch. I would stay at this location again if in the Bay Area again and I also recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family