All reviewsoakland airportfront deskmarriott propertyblack bear dinerbart stationnice lobbycheck in was quickminute driveparking lotthe entire hotelrental carsan franciscoroom was spaciousfirst floorthe free shuttle servicean early morning flightconvenient location
Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

SF was sold out so I ended up here. It's close to the oakland airport and an Uber through a war zone to the closest BART station (Coliseum).
The hallways have a funky smell, the beds have bugs (literally, see pic below) and shower is falling apart with poor water pressure.
I'm staying here as a last resort

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank pcg123
Tahsin B, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Hello,
I have looked at the photo that you have posted at needless to say, I am very sorry that
you encountered with a small bug in your room. We work with a very well known vendor and they visit our hotel regularly to spray our rooms as mandated by Marriott International. Despite our best attempts sometimes nature finds a way to get in. I apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to have a 2nd chance to host you again when you are back in the area.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff at this hotel was awesome and they offered to get us anything we forgot like toothpaste, hand lotion, etc. We used the shuttle free service to airport in the morning and the driver was extremely nice and had a great sense of humor - the entire experience was terrific.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2017

If an overnight near the airport is in your plans, this is the place for you. The property is well-maintained and lushly landscaped. Free shuttle to and from airport and car rentals. Interiors are nicely decorated with a restful grey color palette. Very clean everywhere. Rooms are large, high-ceilinged, well-furnished and quiet. Our room had a sleeper couch as well as a comfortable king bed. Staff are friendly and responsive. The "Bistro" can provide freshly prepared, tasty light fare. Expect a restful stay and a good night's sleep. A good value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

My recent stay was due to a difficult family situation. From the moment we were met at the airport until we we're shuttled back at 4:00 am three days later, we were met with kindness and professionalism. All of our needs were met by friendly staff at the front desk, housekeeping and the Bistro. The property is immaculate, and our room was spacious and we'll-maintained. I would highly recommend this airport hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Tahsin B, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2017

Hi Susan V,
Thank you for the great feedback and it is always going to be our pleasure to accommodate you. Please come see us again!
Best Regards
Tahsin Baydar

Reviewed August 13, 2017

** Adding this to the review below - I left a work polo shirt in the closet, granted my fault, but no reason housekeeping couldn't turn it in, can't be the first business traveler to do so. When I called the next day, the guy said he was with a customer and was too busy and just verified my personal information real quick. Didn't hear anything for 24 hours, called back. A different guy transfers me to the housekeeping managers VM, I leave a detailed message of what was left and where, and making it clear I needed a call back, now more than 24 hours later from that, no response. As a Marriot member will never stay here again and will contact corporate.

Nice rooms, staff, bistro are all great, nice outdoor courtyard. BUT guard dogs in the slum behind it bark 24/7 seriously. Unless you are a sound sleeper , good luck. Go downtown and drab dinner at the hot bar at Whole Foods, the Walmart 10 minutes from the hotel is disgusting.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Tahsin B, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

** Adding to the previous response below - Dear crosscheck90, I apologize that you did not get a call back from us in a timely manner and you call were unnecessarily transferred between the departments. We have checked and re checked our lost & found item inventory and to our regret we do not have Polo Shirt that you said you had left in the closet. We do have your contact information and we certainly will get a hold of you if we find your shirt.

Dear crosscheck90,
I am terribly sorry about the noise the dogs made outside our premises and on the streets. Unfortunately this is not something we could control or influence in any way but we certainly wish we could have.
We do not have a Walmart or any type of grocery store by the hotel or anywhere near it. Could it be that you mixed us up with another hotel that you visited?
I am glad to hear that you liked your room, our courtyard area and the service we provided you during your stay with. Please come back to see us again!
Tahsin Baydar