“Awesome staff!!!!”

Courtyard Oakland Airport
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Maurice and Weunzi (hope I am close on the spelling) were simply amazing at providing great service. The first impression of a hotel comes from the front desk and how one is treated on arrival. For me it can make the difference between a pleasant, a great, or a miserable stay, especially when on business.

My stay was awesome, due the the care taken by Weunzi in asking for my input about which floor, noise, car..... Maurice was extremely friendly and helpful to friends and recommended travel arrangements. Felt very comfortable talking to Maurice, he made us feel welcome.

The room was good as well, but the treatment on arrival will be a standard for me now. I stayed the previous two days at the Claremont in Berkeley and while that was a nice place, the staff at the Courtyard were more pleasant!!

Thanks Maurice and Weunzi.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for your review. This business is all about the guest. it truely makes our day to hear your positive feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Room was fine, hotel clean. Nothing special about the venue, service or amenities. The restaurant was easy to use in a fast casual setting and relatively inexpensive. Hotel should do a better job keeping street people out of the libby bar area.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

ChainExpert

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always nice to get imput from our valued guest. I am sorry to hear about the homeless situation that you've mentioned and will bring it up with my staff members.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed at Courtyard while being stranded at Oakland airport one night. Hotel was very clean, updated and comfortable.

There is a free shuttle to the airport. They have limited space, so be sure to put your name on the list asap.
There is a small self serve restaurant in the lobby. Has coffee, sandwiches, parfaits. I enjoyed a spinach, turkey, cheese on english muffin breakfast item. It came with eggs but I opted out of that. It was very tasty. Lobby is tastefully decorated. Has a couple of counter areas with outlets for your electronics to recharge while getting ready to fly out. Very smart and handy.

This hotel definitely has put thought into what the traveler needs and has carried it out well.
Would definitely stay here again, but hopefully will have more than 5 hours to enjoy it!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Got2go,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate you taking your time. Its great to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Pleaes let me know if I can book your future business with us.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The dogs next door barking all night, kind of ruined this hotel for me. I was pleased with the staff with the exception of the bartender/attendant at the bar downstairs. I was completely ignored sitting right in front of them until I asked for help. The area is not conducive to walking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel away from the barking dogs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lorarose

Lorarose,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the barking dog and sub-par customer service in our bistro. Please contact me so that we can discuss your issues further.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This isn't a horrible building but the location isn't good. The parking lot is surrounded by barbed wire and all of the external facing rooms are bombarded with road sound that is very difficult to sleep through. The interior is fine and service was perfectly acceptable.

Room Tip: Get a courtyard facing room if you have to stay here. Makes a world of difference.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Todd S

Todd S,

I am sorry t hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Our area being an airport area can be a bit challenging at times. We do however do everything in our power to ensure our guests feel that they are truely valued. Please contact me so that I may beable to make this situation right.

Billdalleske@remingtonhotels.com

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We spent the night at the courtyard visiting University of California Berkeley. Everyone at the hotel from the van drivers who took us to/ from the hotel to the BART to the manager who asked about our stay provided outstanding service. I would definitely stay here again if I was back in Oakland.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robert L

Lubran,

Thank you for your review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let me know if I can make you a reservation in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

For me, I had my sleep interrupted a few times by the sound of sirens and other distractions outside. This location is very convenient for the airport, but otherwise it's not ideal. The lobby, landscaping, and public areas are in very good condition. The rooms are of average quality and could use some updating. The staff was very helpful, so no complaints there.

All in all the hotel served just fine (it's not a bad choice), but I may try an alternative if visiting this area again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Rich M,

Sorry to hear that your sleep was interupted. Its Always our hope that a guest has a restful nights sleep when they stay with us. Please let me know if your travels bring you through Oakland again and I will make a effort to try to place you in a quieter area of the hotel.