“Another great Courtyard”

Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Geneseo, New York
“Another great Courtyard”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Started off a little slow waiting 30 minutes for shuttle at airport-we had called before we left Phoenix as well after we had gotten our luggage and were told 10-15 minutes. Still not horrible. Check in was polite, professional and courteous as we have found at all Courtyards. Room was great for us and beds great as well! Breakfast at Bistro was great as was the shuttle to rental car area next am. Overall another great stay at a Courtyard and would recommend to anyone flying in or out of Oakland. Did not see many other choices for food/recreation in immediate area, but quite a few other hotels and we had a tight schedule with little time to explore.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. My apologies for the shuttle response time. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the Bay Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Hungarian first
Rockford, IL
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Shuttle is airport is 1.8 miles, nice service, has a secured gate entry parking lot to keep vehicle safe. Lobby has the bistro for food, nice location. Staff is attentive, coofee, papers in the morning, wi-fi, no complaints for a one night stay having to catch an early morning flight the next day.

Room Tip: Ground fllor, near lobby
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BossRino
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. Please let me know when you'll be back in town so that I can book your next stay with us.
Clovis, California
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Pros: close to airport, convenient shuttle, excellent and friendly staff, easy freeway access, remodeled lobby, clean rooms with comfortable beds, very secure parking.

Cons: probably wouldn't walk around the area especially at night.

We stayed the night before a flight from Oakland airport. Eddie was working the front desk and we waited while he very patiently dealt with some difficult folks. He never lost his poise and then apologized profusely to us when it was our turn. We weren't in any big hurry but we were so impressed with what great customer service he provided in a very friendly and professional manner. Based on this experience and mostly due to the nice professional staff and convenient location we will definitely stay here again when flying out if Oakland.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Californiagirl33,

Thank you for your response it’s great to hear our staff is taking care of our valued customers. It terms of our area at night. If you ever need a shuttle ride to any of the local restaurant’s just let us know we'd be glad to shuttle you back and forth so that you don't have to feel uncomfortable.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed for one night before flying out the next morning. The location is great if you need to catch a flight. There is also a pretty good Sushi place nearby. The lobby is really nice and clean, but the rooms feel old and dirty. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
So_where_is_home

I am sorry you experienced a less than satisfactory experience with us. Please contact me at my email address below or via phone so that I can discuss your experience further with you.

billdalleske@remingtonhotels.com
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in July 2013 to be close to the airport for an early morning departure. The hotel as mentioned in other reviews is surrounded by a fence and security was good considering the neighborhood. Other amenities of the hotel including the snack bar and breakfast service were adequate. However there was a major problem with the glassware provided in the room, see attached picture. I did not pay attention closely enough after unwrapping it and poured a drink into it for my wife. Fortunately, she noticed the huge greasy fingerprints on the inside of the glass before taking a drink. It was disgusting I brought it to the attention of the manager and he offered a free coke as an apology. That was ludicrous wont be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere appoligies about the unacceptable service you recieved while you were staying with us. This kind of service is not acceptable. Please email me your contact information I would like to make this situation right.

Billdalleske@Remingtonhotels.com
San Marcos, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I travel often for business and am rarely disappointed with any Marriott property. This one was the typical Courtyard room with a very nice mattress. Always exceptional and professional staff. No problems at all to speak of except one thing that was not in the control of the hotel...there is some kind of business behind the hotel that apparently has guard dogs that barked all night. Not continuously, just frequently. I would have given this a 5 if not for the dogs and I know it's not their fault. Ask for a room that is not in the back and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Debra B
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our staff. My appoligies about the barking dog behind our property. I will personally walk over and discuss this situation with the property owner.

Always at your service,
California
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I didn't get to the hotel until 11 PM and left at 8 AM. I was basically there to sleep due to a change in travel plans. I was really disappointed that they had a $8 parking fee and was honestly surprised. This isn't downtown San Francisco where parking spaces are limited and in high demand. This is the Oakland Airport area. The parking lot was not even 1/3 full when I arrived late at night. There was not a high demand for parking and there were a lot of open parking spaces. There is no need to charge for parking.

I totally thought it was just another way to gouge someone that is already paying $150 and was completely annoyed by it to the point where I wouldn't stay here again. I'm already paying $150 and you nickel and dime me for $8 to park a car when there are ample spaces?

Also, my room had two socks left on the floor and multiple hairs in the bathtub. I know it's hard to get a room spotless clean and would have not mentioned this if it was just one thing about cleanliness but there were two cleanliness issues.

Average hotel. If you get a good rate and just sleeping here then go for it. If you don't get a good rate I'd search elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bill D, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear about your displeasure with our parking and housekeeping situations. We take your feedback seriously. I would like the opportunity to discuss your experience with you further. My contact information is below.

Always at your service,