New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Courtyard Oakland Airport

Courtyard Oakland Airport
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Linn Creek, Missouri
“Another great stay at this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Recently I made several room reservations for a family function in the area. The online reservation process was easy and accurate! During our stay we needed directions to some nearby loacatons and the staff was very helpful with their advice. After our stay I had some questions about the billing which were quickly answered by the General Manger to my satisfaction. In the past when I've needed a hotel in this area I have always chosen this hotel and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steven B
Guy F, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm so glad that you had a great time and that I was able to assist you with your billing questions. It’s always wonderful to hear that from our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Hungarian first
Milpitas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

My best friend flew in from Hawaii to spend the weekend to shop, shop, and shop. I convinced her that she should fly out of Oakland and so I booked us a hotel stay the night before her flight back so that she wouldn't have to wake up that early. I was a little apprehensive to discover the exact location of the hotel, but it was just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the airport and once inside, we felt safe. Whew! We had a late check in and the workers were so courteous, informative, and friendly. It was super easy to book her an airport shuttle for the following morning and there was no fee. The rooms were of a decent size and the queen sized beds were really comfy. We headed back down to the lobby and enjoyed wine and our own private booth with a tv! The "Bistro" stayed open until 10:30pm and the prices seemed appropriate. The next morning, the shuttle arrived right on time and we were able to purchase Starbucks products for breakfast. I would absolutely stay here again if needed. Thank you, Marriott for providing yet another outstanding stay. From: A 2 Marriott Timeshare owner. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank wrightkine
Guy F, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The staff was so happy when I shared this with them, thank you for acknowledging our friendly and helpful associates.

Here at the Oakland Airport Courtyard we strive to exceed all expectations. I do hope we have the pleasure of accommodating you again in the future.
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wow, what a wonderful place to stay. I had to drive in late before heading out on a 1 day flight to Phoenix. I arrived with smiles and gifts, clean room, great little cafe that I grabbed some food at and just totally convenient. It was a blessing since I was staying two days that I go to leave my car there and got a shuttle the next morning, with no parking fee. Awesome! Quick pick up from the airport and another wonderful night before hitting the road then next day. High on my list for Oakland.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the extremely overwhelming compliments on the hotel and staff!
We appreciate the time and effort that went into this review, and hope to have you back with us the next time you visit Oakland.
South Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is clean and convenient to the airport. It is not for a relaxing week-end or a good rest.

1. Even the "quiet" rooms in the back include the barking guard dog in the commercial area in the next block.
2. The mattresses are spent. Big beds but so soft, so uncomfortable. Asked for another room, but the bed there was the same. Ended up sleeping on the 18" nearest the wall because it was less used. I think hotel managers have forgotten the benefits of occasionally flipping the mattress.
3. I feared Big Foot was staying upstairs from the sound of heavy foot steps.

For the area, it is probably the best bet, but unless you are using the airport stay further away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. After reading your feedback, I am disappointed that your time with us was not satisfactory. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced.

Our priority is to ensure a good nights sleep, I am sorry that you found the beds less than comfortable, many of our guests rave about the Courtyard bed.

Once more, I am very sorry for the experience you had at our hotel.
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel quite frequently as we travel to Oakland a lot. I prefer to stay out here instead of downtown. The front desk staff always welcomes us with a smile when we arrive. Ask for a quiet room away from the road and you shouldn't hear any interrupting noises. The restaurant in the hotel makes a great breakfast when you don't have much time. If you like sushi try Yoshino Sushi restaurant only a few min walk away. It's always one of our dinner choices. Internet is good in hotel as well as a very comfortable bed.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Globalexpress
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, our team strives to be a welcoming face of Oakland when our guests arrive after a long day of travel.

So happy to hear you mention our comfortable beds!

Look forward to meeting you during your next visit.
Best regards.
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our trip to SFO cudn't have been better without this hotel. Reasons:

1. Free shuttle to nearby BART(public rail transport)& Oakland Airport(from where we could get a car rental on a Sunday)
2. Location- U'l feel away from hustle and bustle amid calm and relaxed environment. Enjoyed pool facing view from room
3. Complimentary parking
4. Good lobby offering a list from their Bistro menu. So, can go around and binge something. Being vegetarian, I mostly walked down to Subway close-by
5. Friendly staff

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sonna895
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel! Our hotel is very conveniently located to shops, restaurants and public transportation, I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of our Bistro and complimentary shuttle service to public transportation.

Our team strives to be the best that we can be and always knowlegeable and welcoming.

I will pass your notes along to our staff! Thank you for choosing the Oakland Airport Courtyard and hope to see you again soon.
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

If I were to be staying in the lobby, than this place is awesome. The lobby is spacious, clean and modern. The room was lacking. There is a flat screen TV, but it seems very 80s to me. Plus, the walls are think and I could hear everything in the next room. The bathroom was ok, nothing special. Front desk was very effeicient. For the price - paid over $200 - I thought it was just ho hum.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel, our lobby was recently renovated and completed in March 2012. Our guest room renovation was completed in 2009, we strive to exceed expectations, unfortunately it sounds as though we missed the mark.

I was disappointed to read about noise coming from your neighboring room, our desk staff are availiable 24 hours a day so never hesitate to call the front desk when you encounter noise disruption. Our team would immediately call the neighboring guest to request that they "turn the volume" down.