WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Oakland
Cambridge,UK
“OK for a Night !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Cheap location, fine for a night or Two if you are on a tight budget. Area nothing special, gas station about 6 min walk away but wouldn`t walk there after dark.

My room was located in block near reception away from freeway so not really noisey but block by freeway probably not too good to sleep. Staff friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I would really struggle to recommend this hotel, preferring to spend a bit more for a cleaner room. The location is not good, its in an odd area and actually a little hard to find. The room itself was not in good shape. Normally I would enjoy the in-room coffee service, however the coffee pot was filthy. The bedding is worn, the carpet is terribly stained, and the towels need to be replaced. I peaked in on breakfast, however judging from the overall cleanliness of the place, wouldnt risk eating there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Looking for a cheap & clean room, we drove all over the place in Oakland, everything was either booked or overpriced, we seen this spot and when we entered, we instantly liked it. Very small property, but very well kept and clean. the pictures do no justice,the General Manager, Mrs. Patel was very nice and helpful. Our room was clean, spacious and surprisingly my picky husband LOVED it so much we came right back the next night. I have already recommended this spot to a few friends. we loved it, we will definitely return :) unfortunately we never got o at breakfast because we checked out early, but it looks awesome.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear how the guests above you are spending their evening/late night qt, req...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I chose Rodeway Inn because they usually have excellent beds for my aching back. This motel did NOT let me down. The bed was perfect! I've never seen a more clean motel room in my life. I've traveled to the East Coast and back to SF 4x and this motel surprised me. The staff is not very friendly so it's easy to be turned off at the start but if you look at the room I'm sure your confidence will be restored. This motel is in a sad looking part of Oakland but don't let that change your mind. The price is very low for such excellent quality. The decor of the room and the parking lot is gorgeous. No bugs or rodents. Very much worth the stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Redding, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel was fine; comfortable bed, friendly staff, clean room. The only downside to the property itself is that there was little to insulate the sound of the nearby freeway so I could hear trucks going by all night.

The location on the other hand was horrid. Its right in the middle of an industrial area near the airport so there people wearing gang colours and hookers all over the place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank erickiltz
Fresno,Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

First when I arrived in the vicinity of this hotel, I wasn't too impressed with its surroundings. Since I already had reservation, I had no choice but to check in. Friendly manager gave me a room, and I couldn't believe what I got for my money. Room was lot better than I thought. My room was clean, equipped with TV, Microwave, Iron and ironing board, comfortable bed. I had no problem at all in staying at this hotel for 5 nights.In future I will definitely come back here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank sidnamshe1
Murrieta, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Upon arrival, the handles going into check in were sticky with dirt. The dirt was so thick that it was caked on. Clearly they had not been cleaned in a while. The location is close to the Coliseum, so when we booked through Hotelplanner.com we thought it would be ideal. When you book your room the way we did, you pay the booker directly. When we checked into our room, the carpet was very worn out and dirty. Our feet were black on the bottom within hours of check in. The room has very nice crown molding and base boards, however, they were filthy with dust. Across from our room sat a broken washing machine for 3 days that we were there. We would have checked out the day we arrived, however we had already paid Hotelplanner and did not have extra cash to switch hotels. We did check out a day early because it was so bad, and after complaining to the front desk, they said that we still had to pay for the last night because of the way we booked. No apology, no "let us make it right"...Nothing!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheFrameFamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
Bay Breeze Inn Oakland
#29 of 50 in Oakland
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Oakland Airport
Rodeway Inn Oakland/Alameda
BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Near the Coliseum & Arena? Share your experiences!