“Good, Safe Stay”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Near the Coliseum & Arena
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I read the reviews and was still very taken back by the out laying area. Its in a not so pretty and run down industrial area. I continued to stay because I had no intention on sleeping in my car or going for a walk.

Check-in was fast and fairly polite. The busIness center Is sImply a computer In the corner of the check area but It was accessable. Free wIfI. The breakfast room was clean and in need of more snacks but I went out for food. They offered cereal and apples, o.j., apple juice and milk. I was a little disappointed because who doesn't enjoy a muffin or danish with their room coffee.

There were 2 floors and I did not see an elevator. The people above us walked around a lot and we could somewhat hear but it wasn't intrusive. The room seemed to be very clean and had a fair amount of space. It also had a large closet, iron, ironing board, a fridge and a hair dryer. The bed was great and the sheets were new. Lots of pillows were included! The restroom was also clean and well stocked with towels. The only complaint I really had was how dirty the carpet was. It seemed to be surface stains, easily cleaned with a steam cleaner. Other than that it was a pretty good nights rest and I felt very safe. Go ahead book and enjoy!

On a side note the entire area was no Beverly Hills even populated areas were run down. A Denny's was close and on the same road is a Swap Meet (if you're lookin to waste some time).

Room Tip: Get a top floor room if you're bothered by every little noise and you're able to climb stair...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites Near the Coliseum & Arena

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Was in town for the Raiders Game!!!! It is NOT in a bad area of town whatsoever, its in the industrial area of town, which means no bad neighborhoods. My friend and I walked from the hotel to the coliseum watched the game got nice and buzzed, and walked back to the hotel at night from the coliseum. It's only a 20 minute walk, not very far at all, give you a good chance to drink a couple of beers before you get to the coliseum. Not one person messed with us at all, actually encountered some very friendly people in Oakland, well maybe cause I'm a Raiders fan. The hotel was very nice, the grounds where clean, rooms were clean, looks just like it did in the pictures. I am only coming here from now on when I come to watch the Raiders games. Only $80 for the room after taxes, which is worth every penny.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vleming_Jared
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The location was terrible we did not feel safe at all. Near the motel there are no supermarkets and the Bart is far. SThe rooms however were clean enough even though there was a stain on one of the towels.Stay away from this motel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank abbernstein
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were in Oakland for a concert and needed a place to stay. We knew nothing about the area...so, based on reviews I read on here..I booked this hotel. Boy was I glad we did!! After a previous night's stay in a hotel that even the Addam's Family wouldn't have stayed at...we were a little leery when we got off at the exit and saw the graffiti. But, when we pulled into the driveway, it was a pleasant surprise. The hotel is absolutely adorable and basically like a little island. It's surrounded by an industrial area..but, it's quiet and cheerfully decorated. The room was one of the cleanest we've ever encountered. The only complaint was mold on the shower curtain, which was quickly replaced when I called down to the office. It is right up against the interstate...but, with the air conditioner on..we didn't hear a thing and slept like babies. My husband was concerned with the safety of staying in Oakland..but, we had NO problems at all. The concert was at the Oracle and we were only a 5 min drive. The only downside is..there's really nowhere around to eat. There is a Boston Market right down the interstate and a Papa John's that delivers. So, we made do. Seriously...if you are going to San Francisco and don't want to pay the outrageous hotel prices or if you're going to the Oracle...stay here. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank K L
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We chose this motel because of its location since we were visiting relatives in surrounding areas, but also because of our ever-present concern, pet-friendliness. Our room ran 89.00 per night including taxes, with a one-time pet fee of 15.00. Negative: Breakfast is below average and some staff not particularly hospitable. For example, I asked for a late checkout at the desk, but the cleaning person hounded me, knocking on the door and standing outside for a half hour. Also, we didn't want full room service but asked for fresh towels, and they counted out the ones we gave over in exchange. Having said that, obviously someone knows how to tend the lovely rosebushes, and there's a grassy sitting area (complete with doggy bag dispenser) with a fountain.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms that has been recently remodeled.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Although the area is a bit creepy, the actual motel and grounds are well above average with excellent lighting. It is convenient and available at a competitive price. I've stayed in this motel several times.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank shtshtsht
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This location is extremely poor -- don't plan on walking anywhere. We walked to the BART station, and saw multiple car windows smashed on the streets.

The room was average, the bed was only a double, even though it was advertised as a queen.

The manager/owner was extremely poor as well. He stood at the dining area watching you like a hawk during breakfast hour. I went to get 2 bottles of juice to bring back to the room, however he was adamant that I was only allowed one, even though I explained there were two of us. If you are looking for service with a smile, expect none here.

Not recommended.