“Yes, yes, yes!”
Review of Souley Vegan

Souley Vegan
Ranked #171 of 1,281 Restaurants in Oakland
Description: amazing Vegan food for those who miss meat!! Souly vegan is an amazing restaurant with an amazing story! You MUST go to there web sight & check them out. Great collard greens, amazing no meat chicken & free oranges wail you wait. I am a vegetarian who used to love a good meaty sandwich & this place makes me forget all about my old habits. The first time I eat the chicken sandwich I knew going vegetarian wasn’t going to be as hard as I thought, as long as souly vegan is open!!!
Portland, Oregon
“Yes, yes, yes!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was overwhelmed with the delicious choices offered on the menu. As I struggled with indecision, I was offered samples of various dishes to help me narrow down my choices. I ended up getting the chicken fried tofu on grits with gumbo (all vegan, obviously) and was THRILLED with my decision. I also got a biscuit with gravy to take home for breakfast the following day, which was exceptional.
Finally, I got a chocolate cupcake (vegan-cream-filled) that was divine.

If I lived there, I would be at the restaurant multiple times per week. Delicious, and staffed by warm and friendly folks.

• Visited November 2013

Rancho Cucamonga
“This place is so good!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Let me begin this post by telling you that I am not even a vegan. I was in Oakland attending a conference and I stayed at a hotel across the street from Souley. The place was amazing. My colleague and I ate there two nights in a row. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was great. We had the combo sampler platter the first night. It was delicious, I enjoyed everything on the plate. The second night I had a burger with fried tofu and BBQ tofu. The burger came with two sides for $2. I got the yams and lentils. My colleague got fried okra and buffalo seitan wings. Everything was so yummy. The water was even delicious. They have two to choose from- cucumber water or lemon water. The only thing I didn't love was the cupcakes, but everything else was perfect so they still get five stars from me. I am sad to be going home because I know that I can't eat there again. If you are in the city don't miss this place.

• Visited November 2013
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vegan Soul Food Bliss”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Such a fun location. Fun, hip location. Really cool people and the food is amazing. I HIGHLY recommend Souley!

Visited August 2013
Oakland
“Great food for vegans and everyone else!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I are not vegans, but we eat here often. The food is great - especially the portobello mushroom burger and the bbq tofu, the prices are extremely reasonable, the portions huge, and the atmosphere is fun - especially the back room with a DJ spinning and old episodes of "Soul Train" streaming on the video monitor! It's loud, so if you want a quite meal get it to go, but if you want a fun vibe join the crowd that is always there.

• Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Friendly, warm atmosphere... Comforting food”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The owner,Tameara, and staff are friendly and welcoming, the food is awesome! Being vegan I usually am happy with a salad or something simple, however there are times when soul food is in order, and Tameara does it right! I am so thankful we found this place! Bashi and I went in to order dessert because we ate a big lunch and I had a taste for something sweet. We ended up ordering greens, Mac and cheese, apple cobbler, and peach cobbler, cayenne lemonade, and a Deshutes River Black Butte Porter beer!!! All of this was delicious! While sitting enjoying the company of the friendly staff and the R&B music, the owner brought us out a plate of the southern fried tofu!! It was soooo good, as Bashi said "it'll make you wanna slap your mama it was so good!" Thanks for the good food and for keepin it real Souley Vegan and welcoming us from Cincinnati in Oakland!

• Visited July 2013