“Great Vibe; Solid Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mua

Mua
Ranked #6 of 1,250 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Bay Area, CA
“Great Vibe; Solid Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

I had lunch with a friend here and had the Chicken Milanese, which was very good. I enjoyed it so much that I took my teenage daughter here that same night for dinner and had the burger and fries, which was also good. More than the food though, the atmosphere, especially at dinner, showed off the best of Oakland. Lots of energy, with all types of people enjoying their night. Good music from the DJ and everyone seeming to have a good time. My daughter thought I was cool for taking her there! One of my new favorite places.

Visited July 2014

Oakland, California
“Beef Bone Marrow and a DJ! Love it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is a "go to" place for my friends and I in Oakland when we aren't sure what we want an other hot spots in this restaurant happy town might be to busy for a last minute bite.
The service is always very good and the bartenders are friendly and make great drinks.
The prices are very reasonable and a great value! And a live DJ to boot!

The food choices are great but the Beef Bone Marrow is by far my favorite unique menu item.
Big beef bones full of rich, buttery, flavorful marrow that you spread on toast! Delicious!

Mua also does a great fried chicken and a flavorful and meaty house 1/2 pound hamburger!

I love the food choices, bustling and vibrant atmosphere (choose to sit upstairs and watch the DJ spin!) One of our favorite places in Oakland's always delightful restaurant and food scene!

• Visited May 2014
Ojai
“Busy place, excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We came to the restaurant late in the evening, still needed reservations, and the place was packed. The place is large, an old warehouse, and the noise level is high, so I would not recommend it for a quiet, intimate dinner.
The cocktails were very good and the food was well seasoned and delicious. I had the root vegetable ragout over couscous and a beet salad. I was very satisfied with the meal as were my companions with theirs. I definitely plan to return when I am in Oakland again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco
“Gem in the neighborhood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

We have been looking for a good neighborhood restaurant in Oakland and I think we finally found it. Mua is a converted warehouse space in an unassuming building next to a car dealer. We drove right past it! When you enter you see a large bar and 30 some odd steps later you find the hostess stand. We were seated on the lower level under the DJ booth. The decor is a cool artsy space with high ceilings.
Our waitress was awesome. She gave us several suggestions on food and alcohol. We started with a Strawberry Ginger Lemonade, it was delicious, so I ordered another. For appetizers we has the "mac and cheese" and ahi tuna sashimi. Really liked the mac and cheese, will definitely order again. For our entrees we has fried chicken and a chicken special with a salad. Both were very good.
The vibe was mellow and relaxed, the space artsy and cool and the waitress was awesome, how can you beat it? We will definitely be back.
I would recommend for a fun night out with friends.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Upper Arlington, Ohio
“Small Plates or Big Food, Your Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had a very nice dinner here with friends. Several of us ordered small plates - the food was well prepared and nicely presented. We also had a steak and the fried chicken at the table - both were rated very good. Service was good, the pace of food service was good (can be complicated with small plates) and the advice of the server was spot on.

Drinks were also well prepared and there was a good selection of wines by the glass. The atmosphere is busy - this is a big restaurant - but not too loud to have a conversation.

• Visited April 2014