“Tapas-style doesn't get any better than this!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mua

Mua
Ranked #6 of 1,250 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
“Tapas-style doesn't get any better than this!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

What a gem in the heart if uptown Oakland! From the atmosphere to the service and most importantly the FOOD, this place has it all. We had a party of varied tastes - definitely foodies - from vegan to carnivores, and all palates were more than pleased. We started with a couple beers and Bismarck (Belvedere vodka based) cocktails for the table and were impressed. The food came rapidly as we ordered and ordered and ordered more. The kale salad, Brussels sprouts done two ways - in butter and just olive oil were fantastic. The smoked trout salad required a double order, one just wasn't enough for 3 of us! Do not pass up the mung bean pancakes, for a vegan, that's a little bit of heaven on a menu. Also, I can't say enough about the mussels. They are so savory you will want to have the broth as soup! The service is an A+, you want for nothing with how attentive the servers are. And knowing the hospitality industry the way I do from years of experience, this type of service is the most difficult compared to other types of restaurants. Love, love, love this place!!!

Oakland, California
“Hidden in Oakland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Tucked away in between rental car companies, you wouldn't expect such a great restaurant to exist there. Well it does, and I strongly recommend you checking it out. Great place simply to get a small bite and a drink at the bar, just for desserts (the pineapple upside-down cake is amazing!) or for big groups. I had friends visiting so I thought it would be nice for our group of 12... and it was perfect! They accommodated us, maintained great service, and the food was excellent.

Fav things on the menu:

Pineapple upside-down cake
Mac and cheese!!! (it has no cheese but you would love it too, trust me on this one, I was even surprised)
Mussels with roasted tomato broth and fries

Visited November 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hip everything. Yummie tapas. Great food. Nice atmospere. We had a variety of salad plates. And the garlic shrimp was outrageous.

• Visited November 2013
Oakland, California
“Food is delicious but....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

The atmosphere seems to cater to a young crowd, Loud music that is hard to get away from. They often have LIVE music but I have not been there for that. The food was very good but I don;t think I'll be going back. Waitservice was good.

Visited October 2012
Oakland, CA
“I could keep coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good food and good atmosphere. I think Oakland proves its hipness with this restaurant. High ceilings with big modern art pieces and DJ'ed music with delicious food. What more could you want?

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank FabulousTravels

Been to Mua? Share your experiences!