“Bellanico is really neato”
Review of Bellanico

Bellanico
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellanico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,283 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wellington
Transit: AC Transit #18
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Bellanico is really neato”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Malafatti is wonderful. The arctic char was superb. The food is always cooked to perfection. The wines are wonderful. The service is attentive.

• Visited November 2012

“Consistently great food”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I love this neighborhood gem. Great wine great service and easy access from both freeways. The concierge at the Claremont hotel told me how close it was and to give it a try. Now I'm hooked!

Dublin, California
“Gem in Glenview”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We looked at reviews and decided to try this place before our show at the Paramount. What a delight! Everything we had was excellent. Great service, attentive without being pushed. The yellowtail had a lovely sauce that was not too heavy and cooked perfectly. Very nice little place, we will be back!

• Visited July 2012
Orinda CA
“Every bite was divine”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Each course in the $30 tasting menu was absolutely delicious. I had to try the fava beans, as they are so briefly in season. They did not disappoint. I was particularly taken with the sformato, a dish I had never tried before. I highly recommend it. The hanger steak was cooked to perfection and the accompanying foods added to the pleasure of the dish. The tiny chocolate, date, and walnut dessert was a satisfying finish to a sensational dining experience.
I enjoyed the "Le Marche" flight of red wines. The first offering, a Lacrima Nera, actually tasted of roses. The other two wines in that flight were Sangiovese blends. Although very nice they did not compare to the delight I found in the "black tears" (lacrima nera).
The restaurant is noisy, but I will go there every chance I have. What a find. Bravo Bellanico!

• Visited May 2012
Las Vegas
“Nice local neighborhood dining!”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

A nice small restaurant with a good menu and very inviting prix fixe courses and wine flight options! Also very kid friendly as can be attested to by my 5 year old granddaughter who always orders her favorite past dish!

• Visited February 2012