“Not just for religion. Worth the stop!”

The Cathedral of Christ the Light
Ranked #9 of 128 things to do in Oakland
More attraction details
Owner description: Anchored by the world's newest Catholic cathedral - The Cathedral of Christ the Light - the entire Cathedral Center is a beautiful and welcoming gathering place to experience liturgy, arts and cultural events reflecting the diversity of Oakland and the Bay Area.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Very interesting architecture! Great lighting and the floor plan is crazy! So much you do not even see. I had a speedy private tour.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Truly an inspirational worship space. The Cathedral of Christ the LIGHT was an open, airy space with a homey welcome feel. The usher was friendly in his greeting and I felt welcomed to the space. The music was inspirational and the priest gave a good homily.

1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a destination from anyplace in California. Worth the trip to see amazing, world class architecture. Try to taken organized tour to see it all.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love to go on a run around the lake and when I am finished I go into the cathedral and meditate. Such a great space. I'm not catholic or anything but I can definitely appreciate the beauty of this mega church. Great Acoustics!

1  Thank Patrick P
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It has terrible acoustics, so is not good for a concert, but the feeling of the place is wonderful. When my friend had cancer our family lit our candles there, and prayed, and she is now cancer-free! So it works even for the non-religious. My husband and father-in-law went for the Spanish Christmas mass, (no unfortunately, we aren't spanish-speaking), but my FIL decided last minute that he wanted to go to Christmas Mass. They both came home glowing. So I think of this place as sanctuary for all.

1  Thank mskih