WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Cathedral of Christ the Light

The Cathedral of Christ the Light
Ranked #10 of 115 things to do in Oakland
More attraction details
Owner description: Anchored by the world's newest Catholic cathedral - The Cathedral of Christ the Light - the entire Cathedral Center is a beautiful and welcoming gathering place to experience liturgy, arts and cultural events reflecting the diversity of Oakland and the Bay Area.
puerto vallarta
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Not just for religion. Worth the stop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Very interesting architecture! Great lighting and the floor plan is crazy! So much you do not even see. I had a speedy private tour.

Visited May 2013

Fort Worth, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beautiful church”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Truly an inspirational worship space. The Cathedral of Christ the LIGHT was an open, airy space with a homey welcome feel. The usher was friendly in his greeting and I felt welcomed to the space. The music was inspirational and the priest gave a good homily.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kevin B
Alameda, Ca.
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Outstanding Architecture”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a destination from anyplace in California. Worth the trip to see amazing, world class architecture. Try to taken organized tour to see it all.

Visited July 2012
Oakland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Meditate Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love to go on a run around the lake and when I am finished I go into the cathedral and meditate. Such a great space. I'm not catholic or anything but I can definitely appreciate the beauty of this mega church. Great Acoustics!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Patrick P
san francisco
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“I am not religious, but I love this cathedral”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

It has terrible acoustics, so is not good for a concert, but the feeling of the place is wonderful. When my friend had cancer our family lit our candles there, and prayed, and she is now cancer-free! So it works even for the non-religious. My husband and father-in-law went for the Spanish Christmas mass, (no unfortunately, we aren't spanish-speaking), but my FIL decided last minute that he wanted to go to Christmas Mass. They both came home glowing. So I think of this place as sanctuary for all.

Visited December 2012