“Better than SF” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oakland Zoo

Oakland Zoo
Ranked #4 of 113 things to do in Oakland
More attraction details
Owner description: A 100-acre zoo that contains 58 exhibits of more than 400 native and exotic animals from around the world, which are represented by 100 different species.
Oakland, CA
4 attraction reviews
“Better than SF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This zoo is great. Located in the hills of Oakland, you can see tigers, bugs, snakes, bats, and lions. My favorite are the primates.

It's not depressing like the SF Zoo.

Visited June 2012

• Korean first
Danville, California, United States
“Fun with Children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have been tere many times. With my children and with my childrens class. A great size not to big. Love the train ride

Lafayette, California
11 attraction reviews
“Reawakening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I first came to the zoo as an infant - then as a young adult and when I became and adult I brought my favorite "little people" - wow - it has evolved and I'm so proud that my hometown of Oakland has so much to offer as such a rich experience for youngsters and their elders alike.

Castro Valley, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Family friendly Zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The zoo is located in the Oakland hills and is really spacious. The animal enclosures are spacious and the animals are obviously well-cared for. I have bought family memberships because you recoup the cost very quickly. I have also sent my grandkids to the Summer camp and they had a blast.

Visited August 2012
Oakland, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Need to upgrade and Clean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The animals all look dead, and the animals they do have look like I can see them anywhere on the streets. not in a zoo. I would recommend going to San Fran to see wild zoo animals. I live in Oakland but its worth the trip to cross the bay

Visited April 2012