“We took our daughter there in the 70's and now our grandkids. It's a Bay Area tradition.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Children's Fairyland

Children's Fairyland
Ranked #10 of 113 things to do in Oakland
More attraction details
Owner description: Children's books come to life at this ten-acre outdoor park that displays 30 colorful sets depicting make-believe lands of Alice in Wonderland, Captain Hook and others.
Benicia, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great for kids 2-8.....puppet shows, fun rides and a special place for the little ones.
My granddaughter followed one of the princesses around.....the rides are fun and safe and the grounds magical.
THe new theatre is fabulous.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Joyce P

Barcelona, Spain
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fairyland”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

It did not feel special. It is a bad neighborhood and really did not have a nice welcoming affect to it. I don't think I would go there again.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank sophia J
Budapest, Hungary
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good intentions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Well... Although the idea is brilliant, I found this place a bit spooky. It is VERY old-fashioned. In spite of this, our 3-year-old loved it, although he was looking for more rides after trying out all four. Unfortunately he was too young to recognise the characters from the fairy tales (eg. Snow White or Alice etc), so most of the installations did not mean anything to him, he was even scared in the Fairy Cave... We visited Fairyland on a sunny Saturday, but fortunately it was not too crowded, which is great.
The ticket is valid for the whole day, re-entry is possible - however the place closes at 4, which seems a bit early to me.

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, CA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Good half day trip for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I recently brought our almost 3 year old and my in-laws to enjoy a morning at Fairyland. Although from the bay area, my husband had never heard of fairyland. It has been around almost 50 years and although some of the presentations are a bit dated, our daughter loved it. We saw most of the park and my daughter went on all (carousel, trolley, ferris wheel) but one ride in a mere 2 hours. This is definitely better for the younger kids, although we noticed a few class field trips there. It would be a great location for a good picnic. After our visit, we also visited the gardens, just down the rode, which were beautiful.

Extra tip - AAA members get a $1 discount per ticket in their party (regularly $8 per person)

Visited April 2013
sf bay area, ca
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Bring the kids.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I took our almost-3 year old and met up with het cousin's family. We had a google deal and apparently there are occasional livingsocial deals, too. Without the discounts, it is $8/person for ages 1-100. They sell a "magic key" at the entrance for $2, giving kids access to stories told through boxes at many of the attractions.

There are numerous play areas in the park. Our son particularly liked the dragon slide, a tall, undulating slide. The jolly trolley is a nice little train. There are a couple of carosels- for the back one, kids need to be 38 inches (we think their ruler is little short, as the cousin's daughter is about 34 inches and missed the height limit by about an inch). There is also a ferris wheel for kids only, but we missed that, as the kids were otherwise occupied. The puppet show was cute, but the kids were too young. All the attractions in the park are included in the price. Wear running shoes, as you will be chasing your little ones.

The food was reasonably priced for an amusement park, but had small portions. It also took a while for them to make it.

We will undoubtedly return.

1 Thank drstats