“Bring the kids.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Children's Fairyland

Children's Fairyland
Ranked #9 of 114 things to do in Oakland
More attraction details
Owner description: Children's books come to life at this ten-acre outdoor park that displays 30 colorful sets depicting make-believe lands of Alice in Wonderland, Captain Hook and others.
sf bay area, ca
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Bring the kids.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I took our almost-3 year old and met up with het cousin's family. We had a google deal and apparently there are occasional livingsocial deals, too. Without the discounts, it is $8/person for ages 1-100. They sell a "magic key" at the entrance for $2, giving kids access to stories told through boxes at many of the attractions.

There are numerous play areas in the park. Our son particularly liked the dragon slide, a tall, undulating slide. The jolly trolley is a nice little train. There are a couple of carosels- for the back one, kids need to be 38 inches (we think their ruler is little short, as the cousin's daughter is about 34 inches and missed the height limit by about an inch). There is also a ferris wheel for kids only, but we missed that, as the kids were otherwise occupied. The puppet show was cute, but the kids were too young. All the attractions in the park are included in the price. Wear running shoes, as you will be chasing your little ones.

The food was reasonably priced for an amusement park, but had small portions. It also took a while for them to make it.

We will undoubtedly return.

1 Thank drstats

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great place to visit and have a picnic they have alot of picnic tables around, they do sell food, but better, heathier, and cheaper to take picnic lunch, take plenty of water! Lots of fun for the kiddies!

Visited February 2013
Martha's Vineyard, MV
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great, low key place for under 5 year olds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Despite occasional glitches in the storytelling boxes operated by magic keys and a puppet show that was not quite the best for its target audience, FairyLand provides a lovely, charming outdoor experience for young visitors and doting parents and grandparents. Several hours of fun and worth return trips.

1 Thank MVSunshine
Williamsburg, Virginia
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Great for small children (best if under 5)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Some of the older kids, who were probably there because of younger siblings, got in the way of the littler kids at times.

Visited February 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than a hot tub time machine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I remembered this place as a kid. I used to ask my mom to bring me back to the park in Oakland with the dragon slide,She never remembered the place. Fast forward 35 yrs later and a trip planned by my wife to Fairyland in Oakland with out two girls 3 and 1. I felt like a long time dream I used to vagly remember was in fact not a dream but for real. As soon as I saw the dragon head As we rounded the corner I was like no way, but as soon as I saw the old lady in the shoe I knew this was the place! Sure enough that same long metal dragon slide was still there!! The best part was that my girls especially the 3 yr old loved it. Now she talks about not just Disneyland and Gilroy gardens but Fairyland as well!

1 Thank TheBlackBaron