“Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 113 things to do in Oakland
More attraction details
Owner description: Children's books come to life at this ten-acre outdoor park that displays 30 colorful sets depicting make-believe lands of Alice in Wonderland, Captain Hook and others.
California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great place to visit and have a picnic they have alot of picnic tables around, they do sell food, but better, heathier, and cheaper to take picnic lunch, take plenty of water! Lots of fun for the kiddies!

Visited February 2013

Martha's Vineyard, MV
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great, low key place for under 5 year olds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Despite occasional glitches in the storytelling boxes operated by magic keys and a puppet show that was not quite the best for its target audience, FairyLand provides a lovely, charming outdoor experience for young visitors and doting parents and grandparents. Several hours of fun and worth return trips.

1 Thank MVSunshine
Williamsburg, Virginia
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Great for small children (best if under 5)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Some of the older kids, who were probably there because of younger siblings, got in the way of the littler kids at times.

Visited February 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than a hot tub time machine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I remembered this place as a kid. I used to ask my mom to bring me back to the park in Oakland with the dragon slide,She never remembered the place. Fast forward 35 yrs later and a trip planned by my wife to Fairyland in Oakland with out two girls 3 and 1. I felt like a long time dream I used to vagly remember was in fact not a dream but for real. As soon as I saw the dragon head As we rounded the corner I was like no way, but as soon as I saw the old lady in the shoe I knew this was the place! Sure enough that same long metal dragon slide was still there!! The best part was that my girls especially the 3 yr old loved it. Now she talks about not just Disneyland and Gilroy gardens but Fairyland as well!

1 Thank TheBlackBaron
Fremont, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

went there when sister was six, she liked it. I have not been here for a long time so I cannot say for sure, but back then she would dress as fairy and play hide and seek with her friends

1 Thank Joe P