“Fun outing for kids”

Children's Fairyland
Ranked #9 of 121 things to do in Oakland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Children's books come to life at this ten-acre outdoor park that displays 30 colorful sets depicting make-believe lands of Alice in Wonderland, Captain Hook and others.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
memorybau
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun outing for kids”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wish they have this in SoCal. The admission price is right for a kid's outing, MUCH better value than Disneyland. Some of the rides and attractions are dated, but kids do not care. My kid likes the artificial grass turf for sliding down, enjoyed the puppet show, and climbing around. The animals are a little sad though.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank memorybau

Oakland, California
3 attraction reviews
“Loved it as a kid...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I loved this place as a kid but was a little surprised that it is still around when I was invited to a birthday party. What I saw was 30 children having as much fun that day as I had years ago. It brought back so many memories. So worth the price.

san francisco
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Alas, you have to young child to be admitted.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I will have to drag my 7 yro there before he gets to old, and no longer will go. It's so beautiful and fun. It was the inspiration for Walt Disney and Disney Land. I wish the whole world looked like this.

Orange, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“kids loved it, great price, fun visit”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a great time at fairyland. The kids (6.5 and 4.5) loved this place. Great price to get in too. We purchased the key and the not all the boxes were working but we were told that ahead of time, which was nice. The kids had fun running around trying out the key. We stayed for the storytime and the kids had a lot of fun. As we were leaving around 2pm, the place was a bit busy. I would suggest getting there at 10 or 11, it was less crowded and the kids didn't have to wait to do any of the activities. It's $5 to park on the weekend, bring cash..

New York City, New York
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“It was entertaining”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My 3-year-old was able to ride a merry-go-round and Ferris wheel all by herself. She had fun climbing like a pirate, sliding down the hill, and a variety of other fun stuff. The story boxes were not all working due to rain, but she was on the look-out to use her magic key. I would recommend as a fun 3-4 hour place to romp.

1 Thank isletripper