“Delicious!”

Burma Superstar
Ranked #5 of 1,304 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Burmese
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We visited on a Tuesday evening and waited about 15 minutes for a group of 4. We ordered the Tea Leaf Salad as an appetizer for the table and it was delicious. I ordered the Chicken with Fresh Basil and loved it, though my friends didn't seem to be quite as impressed with their meals. Service was good, though it was strange how they brought everyone's meals out at different times (about 15 minutes from the first one until everyone had their meal). They didn't apologize, so it seemed like that was just how they did things there... It was unclear. Overall though, great food; I would definitely return!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I just moved to the area and we heard about Burma Superstar, so we first tried the one in Alameda, we got in early which is good because this place is small and gets CROWDED! We then took my Mom and her friend when they were visiting to the location in Oakland, we arrived later and since we were 4 we did have to wait for about an hour and 15 minutes, but it is well worth the wait. This place is soo amazing and probably the best tofu I have ever eaten. The Tea leaf salad is so fresh and all of the flavors together are mouth watering. I have had the Sesame Tofu and the Superstar Shrimp with the coconut rice. Both of the items are so amazing that I may run out now to get some. The coconut rice is the most flavorful moist cocnutty rice I have ever had. In short, you can not go wrong here, if you have to wait two hours it is worth it, it even makes for amazing leftovers. Please do your stomach a favor and go here!

2  Thank WaywardWander9
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Every trip to SFO I have to make a stop at this restaurant. I typically visit the one in Richmond area of the city but this was a new location. Love the freshness of the Tea Salad and the other dishes. Always a treat to go!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Berkeley's Burma Superstar serves phenomenal dishes rich in flavor with fresh ingredients. Staff is very helpful choosing dishes, fast, professional and polite. I love the ceilings and layout of the restaurant, while it is not large, it is comfortable and well done. This is one of my favorite Asian Restaurants in the Bay Area and well worth a visit!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

My daughter chose this restaurant for her birthday lunch, and it was a great choice! This is Burmese food, such flavors and textures, and friendly service! We had appetizers and 5 dishes for the five of us, and she took home what little was left. The tea leaf salad is a must have, I also especially liked the pumpkin pork stew. All of it was tastily prepared and presented, and we will go back again!