“Tasty Noodles, Good Service, Great Value”
Review of Noodle Theory

Noodle Theory
Ranked #38 of 1,286 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Got there early before the lunch crowd arrived and can understand why. Their noodle dishes are very tasty and with the nice miso broth base it's a delight to eat. We all had the udon with salmon plate and thoroughly enjoyed every slurp and bite. Our 7 year old granddaughter was especially happy with hers and that's saying something as she can be a picky eater. Our table was served promptly and we especially enjoyed the flavored soda options. Overall, a filling family food experience and we'll be back.

There are newer reviews for Noodle Theory

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Once again, I find myself loving the food but a little put off by the employees. Loved the ground pork and sauteed noodles. Felt as if they waitress who greeted me was inferring that I should not stay when her first question is "to go?" Why the assumption? Is it b/c I am alone? But I watched another lady in after me get seated. May be overly sensitive since this was the second restaurant of the day to ask me that immediately.

No real place to stand while waiting. Tight surroundings. most of the tables were set for two ppl. There was a "bar" for the single ppl to stare at the wall while pathetically eating alone (sarcastic tone here). Maybe this is a management ploy to maximize the seating to $ ratio. Idk.

Anyway, not a long wait. Delish noodles. Slightly shocked that the hostess thought that chopsticks were appropriate utensils for noodles and ground pork but definetly better than nothing.

Restaurant is on the corner of a building and parking is pretty minimal. I parked on residential street behind the building and only had to walk a block. Free parking in front of someone's house, they have driveways so it shouldn't be like you are depriving them of a parking spot to their home. I went in 4:30-5:00 time of evening. Place wasn't overly busy but the area was rediculous to get out of, to go to University by way the GPS stated.

Idk if this is a chain restaurant but would definitely look for them elsewhere. People a table that I sat near were having potstickers...also looked good, almost asked to add some! :)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This small restaurant seems to be packing them in so must be doing something right. Had the sweet potato fries with the curried aioli, fabulous. Then went for the udon with salmon also a winner. Just missed getting an Excellent rating from me for the rather stark and cold atmosphere but overall a very good experience and as with most restaurants in Berkely, excellent value.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Just had my second delicious meal at Noodle Theory. This tiny restaurant on College Ave. does not take reservations. You need to put your name on the list and then walk wait outside. I've tried a number of the dishes and they were all pretty fantastic. I highly recommend the beef short ribs in plum sauce. The garlic noodles with butterfish are also extremely tasty as is the chicken and peanut noodles. Definitely try some Cheerwine cherry soda - best cherry soda I've ever had and somehow goes really well with the spicy food. The service is a little off. They get orders wrong and forget water and napkins. My kids - 9 and 4 - don't love this place because the food is a bit spicy for them, but I'll go back.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

It's a very popular restaurant, so we arrived a little ahead of time, put our name on the list and took a short walk. The servers were attentive if you made eye contact with them, which was great. The food, most importantly, was delicious. We had the veggie, tofu noodles, portions are extremely generous and my husband share that one dish and a small appetizer. Deliciously tender veggies, yummy noodles. It can be a bit noisy due to acoustics and it seemed like we perhaps waited for our food after ordering a little longer than I would have liked, but generally I thoroughly enjoyed the dinner as did everyone else at my table.