“Inventive recipes, cool atmosphere”
Review of Camino

Camino
Reserve with OpenTable
Camino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 1,289 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sunnyslope Avenue
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Had brunch there the morning after a great birthday party. Even with a lively toddler, we had great service--attentive and helpful and informed--and we were not rushed at all. The potatoes in duck fat were divine, the doughnuts must have been good since the tyke inhaled them (or seemed to and was VERY happy) and the sausage was fine. Seven adults were really happy with their selections and sharing was necessary!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am not one but my son and daughter and law are and this is one of their favorite restaurants. I would not call this a romantic restaurant, tables are basically long ones with more than one party seated but with some separation.
Food and service are excellent with an emphasis on local products and their wood fire. My wife had the sea bass rated it five stars, I had the Octoberfest, the recommended beer was great, not something I would have ordered. Duck was perfect. This is my second visit there.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Camino is one of our East Bay favorites and has never let us down. I was surprised at the negative reviews I've seen on here and Yelp, only because the 4 times we have been here it has been fantastic and wonderful. I will agree that servers can be a bit gruff at first, but we've always enjoyed them by the end. However I could see how the format could leave some people discouraged.

The food, for us, has always been very good farm-to-table style, local ingredients, fresh, and if anything ever lacks vibrant color, the taste and texture more then make up for it.

Generally go as a large group and order the entire menu. It has occurred to me that possibly this pulls a little more attention from the kitchen? However I have been there with just myself and someone else and we were just as happy.

The restaurant itself is rustic, big open kitchen and wood fire, very Oakland.

Either way, I recommend it.

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We were in the Bay Area and had brunch here today. Fantastic potatoes cooked in duck fat. I loved my poached eggs over shelled beans. Beautiful space and good service.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Camino takes the principles of Alice Waters and brings them in to a great, down-home setting, complete with the wood burning stove and long tables. Everything is made with the season's best and most diverse offerings, so the menu is never the same. The drinks are fantastic too, made with the same love and respect for the season.

Been to Camino? Share your experiences!