“Nice Hotel with basic service” 4 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Hotel with basic service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel is newer and provides plenty of free parking. The staff was friendly and very helpful at check in and during my stay. Huge oversize rooms with compfy beds. Internet works great and free for all devices. The location is not the best but if you are close to the Oakland Airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Quebec, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

For an EXFO business event, service was impeccable and everyone (60 people) who participated said the food was excellent. They made sure all was set up before we had to ask and someone was always available to help. There was a small technical issue, but it got fixed in no time ans the general Manager even came himself to make sure we were OK. I would have another event there for sure.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Marie-Anne G
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great location nearby Oakland airport. Very clean, modern hotel accommodations, which offer a nice pool, bar and restaurant. I was surprised as I don't stay at Holiday Inns, this one seemed to be very accommodating and the best option for accomdations nearby the Oakland Airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Flyby0161
Lehi, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed here before, at least a few times, and have had a pretty good experience overall. One reason I stay there, is because the restaurant is pretty good, and don't have to drive around to find one. But this time, I was a little disappointed in the slow restaurant service and total ticket for what I was given to eat. Knowing that I was paying with a company cc, I didn't think to ask how much the slice of lemon pie was after I finished my meal. I asked for one slice, which was very good, but then the ticket came, I was charged $7.99 for just one slice. Ouch! I could nearly buy a whole pie for that much. I complained to the main desk, so hopefully they will look into it. Don't get the pie unless they tell you how much it is. I was also in a hurry to leave in the a.m., and chose the breakfast bar, which I didn't feel was worth $10.00/person, so I stick with the omelet next time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MoosyR
Sebastopol, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel is great if you are flying out of Oakland. It is just about 5 minutes from the airport. Pick ups are on demand, so when you call, they come to pick you up. The rooms are great, roomy and quiet. Beds are comfortable too. Restaurant downstairs is easy for a breakfast before leaving on a morning flight. For $30 more, we can leave our car for a week in a safe environment. 10 minutes after being picked up, you are back at your car and leaving the parking lot for home. We stay here whenever we leave from Oakland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sandy S
West Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I have been fond of Holiday Inns for a long time and the Oakland Inn is great.
Super staff, friendly, and very helpful.
Free van service to Bart station station or Coliseun and. Arena.
Great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I would like to pretense this review by saying that I rarely write negative comments and reviews regarding where I stay.
I spend over half of my life in Holiday Inns across the country and normally do not have a problem with them, otherwise I wouldn't spend $25,000 a year staying at them.
The good notes for the property is its a very close location to the airport and the rental return center. The interior was very nice as it is a newer property and the rooms and lobby were kept very clean.
What destroyed my stay was two fold: There was a lot of guests there for an event down the street and they were clearly in the area to go to a holiday party. I asked the front desk person if they could put me in a corner away from other guests as I had an early flight to catch. She said since I am a platinum member, she was able to upgrade my room to a place where she said people wouldn't bother me.(I would hope they would do this as a courtesy to any guest making the request!)
This was a very untrue statement on her behalf. All night people were yelling, running up and down the hall, drunken arguments were being held and people were talking and shouting very loudly in the room next to me. Little was done on behalf of the staff to curb this. So with my headphones in I was finally able to fall asleep. I was woken up at 2:56 AM to very aggressive knocking at my door. Loud.....almost hostile knocking. I'm not new to the game so I didn't answer my door and called the front desk. He claimed that someone ordered a pizza from my room and it was probably the pizza delivery guy. I went to the door and opened it, obviously just waking up and in nothing but my boxer shorts and told him that I didn't order a pizza and to please leave. The pizza guy got upset, even though I was polite (besides the fact that I was just in my underwear) and told me that someone ordered from my room and I had to pay for the pizza. I told him that he woke me up, I had an early flight and NOBODY but me was in the room or had ordered a pizza and to talk to the front desk. He leaves and as I am just falling asleep again the front desk calls my room to verify that I didn't order a pizza and with a very uncaring apology hung up the phone. I couldn't fall asleep again as the partiers had not quit yet and I just stayed up until I had to leave for the airport.
The only consolation was that one of the party goers was in the parking lot aggressively throwing up and I found a $20 bill in the parking lot as I was getting in my car. Normally I would probably turn it in, but I justified that I earned this one.
Another things is avoid the stores after about 9 pm...its not the best neighborhoods...this isn't the properties fault at all and it seems like their security is alright from outsiders wandering in (as long as it isn't a pizza guy).
Staying in Holiday Inns across the nation this was hands down the closest experience I have had to getting a room at a travel lodge in a crappy neighborhood. Not the expectation or standards I expect from this chain at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Cameron H
tbuckl4, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Mr. Cameron, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us in October. I apologize that you did not get the rest that you needed for the early flight the next day. As a result of the issues we have read in the tripadvisor site we have reviewed our procedures and assure you we addressed those concerns about how we handle unruly customers and vendors that serve our customers.
Again thank you for your time.

Tom Buckley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport Inn & Suites
Courtyard Oakland Airport
#12 of 48 in Oakland
3.5 of 5 stars 230 reviews
Executive Inn and Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!