“Great place for a layover”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Nice clean location,large and clean rooms..... near the airport. Very helpful at the desk.Stay here for football or A's games.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank larryw58
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Room was great, clean and well laid out. Better than other Holiday Inns I've stayed at. Close to airport and I parked my car in front of the hotel. I waited about 10 minutes for the shuttle on my return.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 21, 2012

When coming here don't expect to have a great internet connection. Sadly, that is most important for me, especially when on a business trip. There was an Ethernet port in the room which provided no connection whatsoever. The rest of the hotel was great, besides the poor view, but that can't be helped. The best part was the free shuttle service to the nearby Bart station (coliseum and Oakland airport). The sports bar on the ground floor provided great service and food too.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear AJDaniel,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you liked the food and services from our sports bar. I'm sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the poor Wi-Fi service available during your stay. I really appreciate your comments as we welcome any opportunity to improve.

I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements should your travels bring you back to Oakland.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I was staying there for my weekend work. The front desk staff took a very long time to find my name and ended up my names wasn't even on the list. Hhmm.....The staff put me in the wrong room and the guests in that room came in at around midnight and were surprised to see me sleeping on their bed!
Anyway, the staff asked me to come down hurriedly and changed my room in the middle of the night.

The breakfast was good. The room was clean. The manager apologized. I'd like to bring my family there some time too enjoy Oakland and hopefully the hotel would never make the same mistake again.

other than that, the lcoation is good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Yumiko12
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Yumiko12,

Thank you for your feedback especially on the cleanliness and breakfast. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you had to change rooms in the middle of the night due to a clerical error. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We were flying out of Oakland at the end of our visit to San Francisco and the wine country. The service was great, the room clean, and perfect location to see and do all we wanted.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay here on two different nights during long, planned layovers at the Oakland airport. Our criteria for these two nights were a clean, affordable room at a hotel with an airport shuttle - we were pleasantly surprised to receive that and more!

On both nights, we arrived into the Oakland airport late and simply called the hotel to have the shuttle sent to the airport. Each time, the shuttle arrived within 5 minutes and we were on our way. When we walked into the lobby, we were welcomed into a newer Holiday Inn that is reminiscient of other new Holiday Inns I've stayed in during the past couple of years. However, I did like the local touches in the lobby - the aviation-themed photographs were a nice touch. Check-in was smooth and, as Priority Club members, we received a complimentary gift bag filled with a water and package of cookies.

Our room was quite roomy, it was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. We found on both nights that the hotel was quiet, so we were able to get a good night of sleep before continuing on our travels. We didn't eat at the restaurant given our short time at the hotel, but we did get coupons to try out if we had wanted to eat there.

Overall, this is a very nice Holiday Inn that exceeded our expectations. It was ideal for us transiting through the Oakland airport and looking for a quite, comfortable place to stay. And, compared with other Bay-area hotels, it was incredibly affordable. We'd definitely stay here again if we find ourselves with long layovers at the Oakland airport.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We stayed here with our 12 year old son for one night at the end of a skiing holiday as we were going to a baseball game at the nearby Oakland A's stadium. It is a new and fairly large hotel next to the airport. Our room was small but well furnished and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. Can't say anything about the restaurant as we did not use it. Despite its closeness to the airport and how busy it was, the hotel was quiet and well run. Ideal for a night if you have an early flight or if visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family