Sierra Sky Ranch
$165
ComfortInn
$239
$179
Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites(Oakhurst)(Great Value!)
$290
Yosemite Sierra Inn(Oakhurst)
$189
Queen's Inn by the River(Oakhurst)(Great Value!)
$170
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn(Oakhurst)(Great Value!)
$260
Hotels.com
Hounds Tooth Inn(Oakhurst)(Great Value!)
$170
$225
Agoda.com
$548
Relais & Châteaux
All reviewsfrench doorsbranding ironmain buildinghistoric hotelghost storiesfront lawninteresting historycommon areasrustic feelcontinental breakfastlounge areachoice hotelsyogurtwonderful staycomfy bedglass of winesan francisco
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We found the Sierra Sky Ranch to be simply charming. In many ways it had the feeling of a B &B right down to the cats who were happy to sit in your lap if you indicated an interest. While relaxing in the ranch's spacious main room by the huge 1875 fire place, it wasn't hard to imagine the days when it served as a real ranch. The only thing that detracted from the experience was the styrofoam coffee and breakfast plates. Overall, it was a fun opportunity to have a historic Sierra experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 662marc
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went to the Sierra Sky Ranch on a paranormal investigation class. The place has a lot of interesting history. The surrounding area is quite rustic and beautiful and the rooms are nice with double doors that open to a veranda. The rooms are tastefully decorated and the beds are incredibly comfortable. My bathroom was clean and the soaps they gave us to use were very nice and gentle enough for my hypoallergenic skin. The cats are friendly and will come in your room, so if your not a cat person I don't think this hotel would be for you but I enjoyed the feline company
The food was delicious and gourmet but very expensive and there were no prices on the menu. The dining room doesn't open tell 5:00pm and there are no vending machines but you can take a short drive to the beautiful town of Oakhurst and get lunch there. Most rooms have a fridge so you can store perishable foods and medications. Over all I would say I had a great time and the staff was very very friendly, the hotel is haunted but the ghost aren't troublesome :)

Room Tip: Ask for Sarah's room, they will know what you mean ;)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife I spent 2 nights here for our anniversary and loved it the area is perfect for the romantic getaway the staff is so kind and easy to talk to we will be coming back for sure we also would like to give a shout out to Tajia the front desk agent she is meant for the hospitality industry great job

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Artmax02
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I happened upon this place purely by accident- but what a wonderful surprise. This is not a resort or spa but it is a clean, comfortable, family friendly hotel wih an interesting past. The history of this place is evident beginning in the lobby which was originally a home in the 1890's- there are beautiful stone fireplaces at either end of this wood paneled room. The hotel has been through several incarnations in its past and the owners are willing to share the stories with you.

The rooms are small and dated but this in no way hampered my visit. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. My room was in the main building and all these rooms had french doors opening onto a verandah- a lovely place to sit and enjoy a glass of wine and watch the local wildllife wander by- we had deer on the lawn when I was there. There are no phones in the rooms but who needs those? There was wifi in my room.

The staff are friendly and always available should you need anything- The restaurant isn't open for dinner on Monday or Tuesday but the staff can direct you to several other places nearby- ask about ducey's- but breakfast is included in the price of the room.

There is a pool and plenty of open lawn area for children. This hotel seems very family oriented.

And as a pet lover I was happy to get my daily "cat fix" with a little attention from the hotel cats-John Wayne, Valentine and Hunter

Room Tip: Ask for a room along the front of the hotel- the verandahs have the loveliest views
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Carol H
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I booked in May for September vacation. We were put in a large room in a section called The Bunkhouse, accessed out a back door and into a separate building. There was no coffee maker in the room and no internet/wifi access. The double bed mattress was pretty uncomfortable-you had to sort of wrap your leg over the edge to keep from rolling to the middle. There was a long deck out the back with access to all the room- this could have been a nice place to sit in the evening and watch the stars- only the whole porch was lit up and per the evening manager, the lights couldn't be turned off. So after a few minutes we gave up as every bug in the neighborhood was buzzing around the lights. Breakfast was strange- big stoneware plates for your boiled egg or waffle or grocery store mini-muffin but styrofoam cup for your coffee! The milk was in a huge gallon jug shoved into a bowl of ice. We skipped breakfast the 2nd day- it just wasn't worth it. I might have given this place 3 stars because it is historic and I do understand the owners are trying to 'make it' in a tough economy, BUT there was a huge safety issue with the exit in The Bunkhouse I just can't understand. There was an unlit EXIT sign in our building pointing to a short hall with an outside door. But blocking the door was a table across the full exit. If this is no longer an exit, then take down the sign! Fortunately we could exit our room also from the porch but just seeing that blocked exit made me feel very uneasy. this hotel needs some loving care!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple