“Uncaring Manager”

Comfort Inn Yosemite Area
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Oakhurst
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn for two days last June while visiting the park. We were given a room over the office which had two powerful flood lamps on either side of our window which illuminated the front of the motel. At night light leaked into our room as the drapes were not big enough or heavy enough to block the light.This ambient light keep us awake most of the night. The next day I complained to the manager and his response was "He'd never had a complaint before". That was it. No offer from him to change our room. When I suggested that he change our room the manager said without checking that all the rooms were booked. I saw from the almost empty parking lot that all the quests had not arrived so he could have easily had us exchange our room yet he never offered to do so. No more Comfort Inns for me. Also the room weren't that great for the price we paid. Take my advice and stay at the park. The prices are comparable and its more convenient.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles L

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We went out to Yosemite this weekend and stayed in Oakhurst! The Comfort Inn was nice and clean! We enjoyed the location as it was central to the small town, and there was plenty of places to walk near by (walking distance)! The room has microwave, TV, ironing board, and plenty of space to Iron! Great, clean place to stay for our family!

Room Tip: Room facing the pool was nice!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris K
Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you are in the area to visit the Yosemite National Park located just about 20 minutes away this is a great place to stay. Rooms include microwave, tv, fridge, coffee maker and free wifi. The breakfast room is way too small making one wonder why they have such a large reception area... That space could be used more wisely. Breakfast was full of sugar and carbs but it was free of charge, so who would complain? All in all ok for the price! But a high season price would be way over the top for this hotel standard! So make sure you get a good quote before booking!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anders J
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Yosemite. Everything worked as expected: easy check-in, friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, silence, free breakfast, reliable wifi. It was affordable and very good for what we needed. Will stay here again in the future if life brings us back.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank MauricioBabilonia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had a pleasant 1-night stay during the off-season. Price in November was about 1/3 the price for a room mid-summer, so my comments are tempered by that. If I paid $200+/night, I might not be so generous.
Room was spacious and clean enough, the king bed had a pillowtop mattress that was comfortable. There was a desk and two arm chairs (one with a stain on it, however), a small fridge, and a coffee maker. The room was plain, but refurbished fairly recently with granite top for the sink and marble tile in the otherwise plain bathroom.
The free breakfast had a make-your-own waffle maker, but the tour bus crowd eating made it impractical to use. There were bagels, danish, toast, cereal, (very) processed scrambled eggs/sausage, yogurt, etc. Eatable, but that's all. There were only 6 small 2-person tables inside, and 6 larger 4-person tables outside (however, remember it was November!).
The outdoor pool was closed (November), however, it is located in a very nicely landscaped area in the middle of the hotel that I can imagine would be nice in the summer.
Hotel is centrally located in Oakhurst on Hwy 41, and close to a number of restaurants/stores.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mikequanca
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was welcomed by a friendly front desk clerk who found me a quiet second floor room at the back of the building. My bathroom smelled so she brought up some pine scented deoderizer I used and put the fan on before I went into the bathroom again. The room was nice and clean and the sheets and bedding smelled fresh. I had a good nights sleep. The inside courtyard landscape was beautiful with very green grass, roses and an arbor. I needed to cancel my second night because of change of plans but I had to make 3 phone calls to Choice Hotels to get my points credited back to my account. I was on hold for 10 minutes and had to call back. But in the end, my persistence with Choice Hotels paid off and I did cancel the second night and receive my points back. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank YosemiteTravelTips
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here only for one night after a short trip to Yosemite National Park. From the valley its about an hour drive to the hotel which wasn't bad at all. A similar hotel like the Comfort Inn inside the Yosemite National Park would have cost much more. We love driving the car anyway so we enjoyed this little trip to the hotel. The Mariposa Groove with the giant sequoias is only 30 minutes drive up north so this was the main reason why we chose this place because we planned to go there next morning. If you plan to go the Mariposa Groovem do it early since the parking lots are small there and there is a big chance that you have to drive to the Visitor Center park there and use the shuttle which takes much more time and you can loose a 1-2 hours from the day.

We loved this little hotel. It was clean, the room was huge and the king size bed was very comfortable. We didn't want to leave :) (Look at my pictures about the room) The location is also good, not far from Yosemite at all and the beautiful Mariposa Groove is just a short drive. The hotel is next to the main road so you can't miss it. There is a gas station next to the building so you can continue your trip with full tank. The breakfast area is way too small and crowded. It was hard to find a place to sit. Go earlier then usually in order to avoid fight for the food. :) The hotel staff always refilled the missing things so it isn't that bad. Anyway it was good to start the day with a breakfast. If you need more than that there are many places nearby where you can eat.

Overall this place was one of our favourite during our 23 days trip in the US. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggages ask for a room on the ground floor if possible. It is hard to go up the s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakhurst
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Yosemite Sierra Inn
Yosemite Sierra Inn
#6 of 9 in Oakhurst

Been to Comfort Inn Yosemite Area? Share your experiences!