“I was very unhappy when I checked in. When i made the...”

Yosemite Sierra Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Oakhurst
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Finnish first
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was a nice experience in this hotel. Rooms were very clean and the hotel is easy to locate. This is my first visit to Day's Inn. But, I would recommend this to my friends as it's difficult to get clean hotels at competitive prices. And this is one of them.
Complementary breakfast was good. They can plan to include few ore options and keep all of them fresh.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank VijayNagappa
madera county
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My check-in was quick, efficient, and quite pleasant. The hotel employee was very professional, attentive, courteous, considerate, and most happy to please. The room I got was not a clean room. The microwave/refrigerator were clearly ignored by any cleaning staff for some time. The sheet on bed should have been discarded and not used. When things as personal as sheets and towels become permanently soiled and cannot be remedied with the hotel cleaning standard, then they should be removed from use. There was hair, most likely the maids hair, in bathtub and on shower mat. These things are very unacceptable.
I contacted the front desk and she immediately came to my room and expressed her concern and displeasure that the room was in such condition. She gave me the room next to it and it was just fine. Her concern was for my happiness and for having a very pleasant stay.
These rooms are a good size. They have microwave/refrigerator, coffee, bathtub/shower, internet that is in-fact high speed and not dial up, and the bed is a good large and comfy bed providing the same pleasant sleep as any other higher priced hotel. Nice breakfast with my favorite, bagels and cream cheese.
Even though the hotel appears to be quite worn and a bit beat-up, this is a resort town on the way to Yosemite and travelers really do trash a place. I speak from experience as I have been a hotel maid, desk clerk, and night auditor. But my stay was a good experience and I will stay again because I was treated with the same professional care that I would have received from any expensive upper class hotel. Actually, I was treated better. I was happy with my room and as long as a hotel has the things I need then I feel secure in booking with them in the future.
It is advisable to check in early if possible, before late at night, and go over your room to see if everything meets your expectations. If not, contact the front office immediately and ask if you can show staff the problems, and get a replacement or a refund.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ncy588
Long Beach, California
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We (3-midage women) booked the room via Hotel's website for 2-night during President's Day weekend to Yosemite Nat'l Park. when arrived early at noon time, the front desk was not busy, the staff asked for extra $40 IN CASH, (no credit card, or she need to charge tax) for 2 nights, when she said the top floor room (she called it " Mountain View" ) was available for us ( the hotel does not have elevator), or charge us $25 per night for EARLY Chcek-in.
None of the 2 special conditions / terms were posted on the website or the confirmiaton I printed out., We paid her $40 anyway, but were unhappy about it, and have decided that of course we will go back to the beautiful Yosemite, but never stay at this hotel, it does not matter the room is okay, the queen-beds were not bed, and includes breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alice Y
Harry M, Manager at Yosemite Sierra Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2013

In an effort to compensate you for your experience, we would like to provide you with a 15% discount during your next stay. When calling to make the reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist you.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (559) 642-2525.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a great hotel, we stayed here because we were going to Yosemite. Their rooms are very clean, people are very friendly, when we arrived to the room everything was very clean, I would definitely come back to this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakhurst
Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn Yosemite Area
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn
Oakhurst Lodge Yosemite
Oakhurst Lodge Yosemite
#5 of 9 in Oakhurst
Americas Best Value Inn Yosemite-Oakhurst
White Chief Mountain Lodge

Been to Yosemite Sierra Inn? Share your experiences!