“Quiet place to stay”

Americas Best Value Inn Yosemite-Oakhurst
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Oakhurst
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here six nights while visiting Yosemite. We had a large room that was very quiet. This is the best location we saw in Oakhurst. Set back from the main road mades it quieter. Even though they were full several nights we never heard any noise. The carpet was old and worn in our room but it was clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is mostly cereal. Overall we would definitely stay here again. You cannot beat it for price and location. It had everything we needed.

Room Tip: We were at the end. It is next to an exit and we were able to park just outside our room. Very con...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alice916

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My buddies and I stopped here overnight after riding our motorcycles thru Yosemite in the rain and hail. Needless to say we were drenched and cold when we arrived but the friendly desk clerk allowed us to park our bikes under the porte-cochere. The rooms were spacious and clean. No elevators but the price was very reasonable for Oakhurst which can be a bit spendy. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank c21bill
Reviewed September 21, 2013

From the outside it looks ok, that is where it ends. Had two rooms booked for four nights, checking in went ok, upon entering my room the smell was bad. Moved to another room carpet was so dirty, walking across and into the bathroom left shoe prints on the white sticky floor. Stayed the night, canceled the next three nights, was charged $25.00 fee. My advice is to stop at Walmart buy a $39.00 tent you will get a cleaner and more comfortable room. We were on the road 14 days this was the most expensive and the dirtiest place we stayed. I have stayed in back country shelters that are cleaner.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Seawolf_12
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the hotel during a recent visit to Yosemite. In general, I found the hotel to be good. The rooms were spacious for a family of 4; in addition to the two double beds there was a writing table and sofa-bed. Service was good as well. When we found that our microwave was not working, they changed it out immediately.

The breakfast in the morning was also nice. In addition to the usual cereal, toast, etc, they have two waffle machines for homemade waffles.

The hotel is about 30 minutes from the South Gate, which in itself is about 10 minutes from Mariposa Grove. Traffic was never an issue.

The rate was not cheap (about 200 per night) but as it was peak season and every place else was equally expensive (or more) and/or further away, I would not ding them on that.

The hotel is in the middle of the city of Oakhurst so lots of choices for restaurants, etc. nearby so we did not have to go hunting around for good dinner places after full days in the park.

All-in-all, the stay was satisfactory and we would consider the hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here in June 2103. I was on a John Muir Trail hike and needed a place to stay for the night that was reasonably near Yosemite. The room was spacious and clean. The units in the bathroom had hard water stains on them, but were otherwise clean, an the wi-fi worked without issue. My only complaint is that the "continental" breakfast was very basic and there were ants all over the dining area. I never go for these sorts of deals anyway unless I am actually in continental Europe where thy actually understand how to do these things, and don;t have so may ants.

If you are looking to get a reasonable place to stay near Yosemite I would recommend it. The rooms are reasonably priced and decent. Probably a better deal than trying to stay in one of the hotels in the park where you get charged a premium price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

really pleased i booked this hotel. a very easy to find location in oakhurst. free parking, swimming pool and hot tub, free wifi, large room. a definite well done. really helpful lady at check-in, also helped try sort out wifi problems - not hotel problem. we had a two double bed room at back of hotel room 126 - was very quiet. the front of hotel has a main road in front so not sure if you'd experience some noise from that, but the back was very quiet. comfortable beds. everything we neeeded. would certainly book here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We needed a place to stay two nights while visiting our kids at summer camp (at nearby Bass Lake). Choices were limited and we were on a budget, so I made my reservation with low expectations. This is definitely a value-focused hotel, but surprisingly okay.

The room was clean and fairly spacious; the shower had HOT water and lots of it with a decent shower nozzle. No problem accommodating my request for extra towels. The pool was clean and we enjoyed an afternoon soaking up the sun (wish they offered lounge chairs instead of just plastic uprights). We didn't eat on the premises but did find a lovely Italian place down the road... and, to my delight, a Starbucks with a drive-through window.

There was free HBO (much to the delight of my kids who had been deprived of TV for 2 weeks at camp), the air conditioning worked (thank God) and the beds were comfortable. What more can you ask for?

Room Tip: Even though our room faced the road, it was quiet (I think the air conditioning drowned out any nois...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 5Goodies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakhurst
Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn
Comfort Inn Yosemite Valley Gateway
Yosemite Sierra Inn
Yosemite Sierra Inn
#6 of 9 in Oakhurst

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Yosemite-Oakhurst? Share your experiences!