“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Oakhurst
Panama City, Panama
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel is very clean, new and comfortable. It has all the necessary amenities. The WiFi worked very well and breakfast was generous and good. The location is about as close to Yosemite as you can get, except for the hotels inside the park.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were apprehensive to stay here due to some negative reviews, but the avalablity. so close to Yosemite and the price were attractive. I called the manager, Desiree Lee, who reassured me and also gave me some wonderful enthusastic ideas regarding Yosemite. I trusted Desiree and was overwhelmed by the lovely room she booked for us and impressed with how nice, clean and well run this bargain is. The young woman, Stephanie, who checked us in was friendly and efficient despite a load of folks checking in at the same time. I could not have been more pleased!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
newport wa
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We arrived early; room not ready til 3:15PM. As we went to our room the hallway had gobs of white stuff all over it. Our room door was held open with a washcloth and the room smelt funny. We received a room for pets. We had no pets. Cost:20$ extra and was on our bill. The pool was dirty, the step was slick and the Jaccuzi was green. He told me (and the clerk) but we were late for the wedding rehersel and dinner. At 6:00AM he woke me and told me he hadn't slept, that he felt his nose had been stuffed into a laundry box all night. and was going to cancel the reservation and leave. The night man said I'll have to charge you 25$ more for that because the manager wasn't there (not there yesterday, either). There was no orange juice. We did not enjoy this place at all (Americas Best Value Inn).

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Oakhurst hotels

Wabash, Indiana
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Clean and great location near Yosemite. McDonald's nearby for quick breakfast before seeing the park. The staff was very friendly and the pool and hot tub were refreshing after going to the park. Fridge in the room was convenient. Breakfast was crowded and too hot in the small area to even stay for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Janekendall1
Oakhurst, CA
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I had stayed at this Hotel outside San Antonio in April while driving to CA and the beds were so comfy. I was on business in Oakhurst and stayer here for a week (while looking for an apartment). I was again pleased with my choice of Hotel. The staff were great, the room was huge (stay on the side facing away from H. 41) and the maid service was amazing. I have to say that the breakfast selection was not as good as the one outside San Antonio but the service was much better. The front dest Manager treated me like family and it felt good to walk in the door and have someone treat you like family at the end of the day.

I would reccomend this place to family and friends when they come up from SF to visit me. It was a nice place, very clean and reasonable (this is peak tourist season) but the service is the most important thing to me when choosing a hotel and this place exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank abstractchick40
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Pros: big bathroom and good size room with two queens and a couch. That's it.
Cons: carpet makes your feet black! Very dirty and old. Beds were hard rocks and sheets had stains on them. Towels are very thin and small. Its just a really old hotel that needs a lot of remodeling!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank eden9133
Oakhurst, California
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Dirty corridors, bathroom limits, cold and dirty swimming pool and for the continental breakfast insufficient, not resupplied breakfiast, nobody cleans the ground, tables, trash cans overflow etc....
STAY OUT!