“A Delightful Port in a Storm”

Oka's Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 52 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

With many restuarants in Oakhurst closed the night of our Jan 2, 2013 visit we were just delighted to happen upon this warm, friendly, Japanese restuarant. Service was prompt. Food excellent. Full bar service. The side of gyoza was somewhat different that what we had experienced before and absolutely delightful!! Much enjoyed my combo of salmon teriyaki and assorted tempura! --Jeff

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Waitress Debbie didn't honor the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday discount menu prices which would have reduced each meal by about $4. Chef Alex was skilled and cooked a nice meal. The interior design is a creepy aquarium theme.

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Love to eat here for both lunch and dinner. Can be a bit pricy if you eat individual rolls. There combo dinners are the real value.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Yummy!
I have friends that say that they have had food poisoning here, but I have always had a great experience. I am local, so anything different is exciting, but I do eat out in the Bay Area and this is comparable. They have a delicious teriayki veggie bowl, good (if greasy...are they ever not?) tempura and I just found out they do vegetarian sushi! Now, I don't like seaweed, so that puts a damper on sushi, BUT they have tofu wraps in place of seaweed. So I get the fun experience of sushi without the fish OR seaweed! Awesome!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Sushi and teppanyaki in the Mountains. And it is excellent. Make sure you keep eating here so they don't close up and go away! Oakhurst needs to support it's good restaurants!!